Logitech today announced its Logitech® io™, a personal digital pen, at IDG’s DEMOMobile 2002 Conference in La Jolla, Calif. Using functionality developed by Anoto, the Logitech io pen allows users to easily share, store, organize and retrieve their handwritten information by simply writing with ink on paper the way they have for thousands of years. An optical sensor embedded in the pen captures the handwritten images, storing up to 40 pages in memory. This captured digital information can then be transferred into the PC by synching the pen via a USB cradle.
- Can Cryptocurrency Mining Save the Me... — News: Can Cryptocurrency Mining Save the Media Business?http://sea.pcmag.com/news/19588/can-cryptocurrency-mining-save-the-media-businessThe media company Salon is testing an alternative to online ads that’ll serve a cryptocurrency miner that can help the publisher generate revenue. The miner—which requires people to opt in—runs over your internet browser and siphons away a PC’s excess computing power to generate a virtual currency called [...]
- eBeam is a new type of smart pen that... — eBeam is a new type of smart pen that digitizes what you write without special paper | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2018/02/02/ebeam-smart-pen/Everything is becoming smart these days, and pens are no exception. There have been other smart pens launched over the years, but most require you to use a special kind of paper so the pen can know what [...]
- Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, a... — Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, and That’s Bad – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/instagram-is-turning-into-facebook-and-thats-bad-1517422670Facebook Inc. has owned Instagram since 2012 but the two have felt totally different—until recently, when Instagram started using many of the same digital tricks Facebook pioneered to keep you scrolling longer. Part of what made Instagram great was that your main feed was a stream [...]
- The fire and fury of TV satirist Sama... — ‘I’ve gone full witch’: the fire and fury of TV satirist Samantha Bee | Culture | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/jan/27/ive-gone-full-witch-the-fire-and-fury-of-tv-satirist-samantha-bee?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=262033&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The former Daily Show host turned acidic critic of modern America talks digital cleanses, diversifying the newsroom and the hope of the #metoo movement. SaveSave [...]
- Credit Card Companies Don’t Want You ... — Credit Card Companies Don’t Want You to Buy Bitcoin With Plastic – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/should-you-buy-bitcoin-with-your-credit-card-1516897097Some banks and credit-card companies have begun restricting customers’ purchases of bitcoin, shutting down a popular way to buy the volatile digital currency. [...]