Previously, all the predefined icons for the Finder Toolbar are stored in the /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app, now Jaguar stores some of them in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemIcons.bundle, although some are still stored in Finder.app folder. Now you can change the Computer icon from the default iMac to match your own computer by replacing the SystemIcons.bundle/Contents/Resources/iMac.icns with your own file.
- Why are we giving away our most sensi... — Why are we giving away our most sensitive health data to Google? | Julia Powles | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/sensitive-health-information-deepmind-google?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=233781&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2A ruling that transferring 1.6m patient records to Google’s DeepMind broke the law is welcome. The ruling states that by transferring this data and using it for app testing, the Royal Free breached four data protection [...]
- Google’s DeepMind Trial Failed ... — News: Google’s DeepMind Trial Failed to Comply With Data Protection Lawshttp://sea.pcmag.com/news/16412/googles-deepmind-trial-failed-to-comply-with-data-protectionA year-long investigation found that patients were not adequately informed that medical data would be used as part of a trial of Streams, a mobile app designed to help with the real-time detection of acute kidney injury (AKI). “There’s no doubt the huge potential that [...]
- BabelOn is trying to create Photoshop... — BabelOn is trying to create Photoshop for your voicehttps://www.engadget.com/2017/06/22/babelon-is-trying-to-create-photoshop-for-your-voice/One day, an app could translate your words into another language — in your own voice. It’s an intriguing idea, but let’s be clear: It’s very early days for BabelOn. We haven’t seen the software in action, and the company hasn’t booked a client yet. [...]
- Is it safer to use an app or a browse... — Is it safer to use an app or a browser for banking? | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2017/jun/22/is-it-safer-to-use-an-app-or-a-browser-for-banking?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231905&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Browsers are risky because there are trojans designed to collect banking information. Apps are risky because most banking apps probably have security flaws, and because fake/malware apps sometimes appear in app stores. Systems that use two-factor authentication, preferably with a [...]
- 12 Cool New Features in MacOS High Si... — 12 Cool New Features in MacOS High Sierra | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/354220/12-cool-new-features-in-macos-high-sierra?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleHigh Sierra isn’t a huge update to Apple’s operating system, but there are still plenty of changes, big and small, for Mac users to sink their teeth into. [...]