I’ve had enough attitude from the high-and-mighty, proud and fancy Gold’s Gym here in Manila. Forget all the hype you’ve been reading! Sure, they got personal video systems on each threadmill – but you’re there to work out! It’s not like flying business class where you got nothing else to do. What’s video when you don’t have convenient access to drinking water? In a gym!!! What’s video when you have one of the worst locker/shower facilities in the country? We all have choices: “Vote with your checkbook!” I just did. Ciao a tutti!
Goodbye Gold’s Gym Manila
- IBM Watson Analytics for Social Media — IBM Watson Analytics is a smart data analysis and visualization service on the cloud that helps just about anyone quickly discover patterns and meanings in their data – all on their own. Whether you need to quickly spot a trend or you have a team that needs to analyze report data, there’s a Watson Analytics [...]
- How Recursion Works — explained with ... — How Recursion Works — explained with flowcharts and a videohttps://medium.freecodecamp.org/how-recursion-works-explained-with-flowcharts-and-a-video-de61f40cb7f9“In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.” Recursion can be tough to understand — especially for new programmers. In it’s simplest form, a recursive function is one that calls itself. [...]
- We try Japan’s non-melting ice ... — We try Japan’s non-melting ice cream to see if it’s for real – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/we-try-out-japans-non-melting-ice-cream-to-see-if-its-for-real/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Kanazawa Ice’s non-melting ice cream lasted longer under the hot Tokyo sun than I did. It’s made with polyphenol liquid extracted from strawberries, which apparently makes it harder for the water and oil in the ice cream to separate, allowing the popsicle [...]
- This Little Robot Finds Leaks in Wate... — News: This Little Robot Finds Leaks in Water, Gas Pipeshttp://sea.pcmag.com/news/16698/this-little-robot-finds-leaks-in-water-gas-pipesA group of researchers from MIT have developed a small robot that can inspect water and gas pipes from the inside to locate leaks before they become a big problem. “These leaks not only make shortages worse but also can cause serious structural damage to buildings [...]
- Nikon working on next-gen D850 DSLR f... — Nikon working on next-gen D850 DSLR for its 100th anniversaryhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/nikon-D850-100th-anniversary-dslr/For its 100th anniversary, the camera maker has no intention of ceding the high-end professional market, however: It just announced the development of the full-frame (FX) D850, the successor to the 36.3-megapixel, full-frame D810 (pictured). Nikon released a 4K teaser YouTube video (below) with a mix [...]