Siggraph 2002 in San Antonio, Texas will be remembered as the Siggraph where America discovered the cellphone. Apparently cellphones in America are not equipped with vibra or silent mode, as everyone seems to be all too eager to have their cellphone ring incessantly during the conference sessions and make public their phone conversations. “I have a cellphone.” “Call my cell!” “I’ll give you my cell number.” “I’m at the convention center.” Oh please! Welcome, America, to the 20th century!
Siggraph 2002 – The Year of the Cellphones
- Who Is America? (2018) | First Look |... — [...]
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who ... — Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ All the Details About the Showtime Series | Hollywood Reporterhttps://edit.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sacha-baron-cohens-who-is-america-all-details-showtime-series-1126784Who Is America? debuts Sunday, July 15, at midnight ET/Saturday, July 14, 9 p.m. PT online and on Showtime On Demand, and will debut on air July 15 at 10 p.m. on Showtime. Subsequent episodes will be released Sundays at [...]
- LEGO’s ‘Plants from Plants’ set is th... — Finally! Welcome, LEGO, to the 20th century! After churning out tons and tons of plastics, you have finally seen the light! Did it have to take microplastics finding their way into our bodies via the ENTIRE FOOD CHAIN? Did you make enough money off ’em? At what cost? The delightful elation from children laying bricks? [...]
- Hands off my data! 15 more default pr... — From LinkedIn and Yahoo to TVs and WiFi routers, these are default data privacy settings worth changing – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/06/15/hands-off-my-data-15-more-default-privacy-settings-you-should-change-on-your-tv-cellphone-plan-linkedin-and-more/?utm_term=.d8e5a3bb4925Default privacy settings often aren’t very private. Our tech columnist is back with Round 2 of his clickable guide to improving your privacy on all sorts of devices and online services. [...]
- Oculus Go review: Portable VR, no str... — Oculus Go review: $199 VR, no strings attached – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/products/oculus-go/review/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The first standalone VR system has arrived, no phone required. [...]