MacWorld Conference & Expo 2002 starts this July 15 to 19 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York; while SIGGRAPH 2002 opens its doors from July 21 to 26 in San Antonio, Texas. The Alias|Wavefront Global User Association (AWGUA) happens on July 21 while the Softimage User Group meeting is on July 23.
See you at the conferences!
- How to Win a War on Drugs — How to Win a War on Drugs – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/opinion/sunday/portugal-drug-decriminalization.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsDecades ago, the United States and Portugal both struggled with illicit drugs and took decisive action — in diametrically opposite directions. The U.S. cracked down vigorously, spending billions of dollars incarcerating drug users. In contrast, Portugal undertook a monumental experiment: It decriminalized the use [...]
- Our TV Critics Debate the 2017 Emmy A... — Our TV Critics Debate the 2017 Emmy Award Nominations – The New York Timeshttps://nytimes.com/2017/07/13/arts/television/emmy-nomination-reactions-analysis.html?referer=James Poniewozik and Margaret Lyons hash out this year’s snubs, surprises and most worthy Emmy nominations. [...]
- Dear iPhone: Here’s Why We’re Still T... — Dear iPhone: Here’s Why We’re Still Together After 10 Years – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/technology/personaltech/iphone-10-years.htmlWith the introduction of new iPhones on the horizon, a look at many of the reasons that Apple’s smartphone has kept us in its grip for the last decade. [...]
- How Hurricane Harvey Became So Destru... — How Hurricane Harvey Became So Destructive – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/climate/how-hurricane-harvey-became-so-destructive.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsScientists say warm waters and stagnant winds in the upper atmosphere built a monster of a storm. Whether climate change is to blame is less clear. [...]
- New York City’s Secret World of Exoti... — The Exotic Pets of New York City | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/culture/photo-booth/the-exotic-pets-of-new-york-city?mbid=nl_170826_Daily&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11781083&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1222331610&spReportId=MTIyMjMzMTYxMAS2According to the N.Y.C. health code, “wild” animals cannot be kept in the city without a special permit. That doesn’t stop people from keeping them as pets. [...]