MacWorld Conference & Expo 2002 starts this July 15 to 19 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York; while SIGGRAPH 2002 opens its doors from July 21 to 26 in San Antonio, Texas. The Alias|Wavefront Global User Association (AWGUA) happens on July 21 while the Softimage User Group meeting is on July 23.
See you at the conferences!
- How to Argue with a Cat: A Human̵... — How to Argue with a Cat: A Human’s Guide to the Art of Persuasion – Kindle edition by Jay Heinrichs, Natalie Palmer-Sutton. Reference Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BVDDVZ2/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_i_c_M59gBbZSMBKAFLearn how to persuade cats—the world’s most skeptical and cautious negotiators—with this primer on rhetoric and argument from the New York Times bestselling author of Thank You for Arguing! [...]
- Hope, when there is no hope left — “I have not done my duty … to protect people … from laws that are not designed to rehabilitate, but to destroy.” –For The People S01E05 For the People (TV Series 2018– ) – IMDbhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt6437276/Created by Paul William Davies. With Jasmin Savoy Brown, Wesam Keesh, Britt Robertson, Rahvaunia. Set in the Southern District of New [...]
- For the People | TV Series (2018– ) — “Never, ever ask a question you don’t know the answer to.” –For the People S01E01 For the People (TV Series 2018– ) – IMDbhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt6437276/Created by Paul William Davies. With Jasmin Savoy Brown, Wesam Keesh, Rahvaunia, Anna Khaja. Set in the Southern District of New York (SDNY) Federal Court, aka “The Mother Court,” the legal drama [...]
- How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’... — How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Saw Into the Future – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/how-kubricks-2001-a-space-odyssey-saw-into-the-future-1520609361?mod=trending_now_4Now 50 years old, the famously opaque science-fiction classic anticipated flat-screen technology and artificial intelligence. Fifty years ago next month, invitation-only audiences gathered in specially equipped Cinerama theaters in Washington, New York and Los Angeles to preview a widescreen epic that director Stanley Kubrick [...]
- Social Media Is Making Us Dumber. Her... — Social Media Is Making Us Dumber. Here’s Exhibit A. – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/opinion/social-media-dumber-steven-pinker.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&_r=1Steven Pinker is a liberal, Jewish professor. But social media convinced people that he’s a darling of the alt-right. It’s actually a worthwhile episode to unpack, because it highlights a disturbing, worsening tendency in social media in which tribal allegiances are replacing [...]