Touted as the world’s smallest Bluetooth headset, Nextlink’s BlueSpoon weighs less than 10 grams and is designed to fit any right ear. Weighing in at 23 grams is Jabra’s new FreeSpeak headset which features a two-way volume control button, and an answer/end button that supports voice activation so users can make and take calls without touching the handset. Nokia’s Wireless Headset HDW-1 sports the same form factor as Jabra’s and is paired with their 6310 phone.
Bluetooth headsets galore!
- Camera maker RED is building a phone ... — Camera maker RED is building a phone with a ‘holographic’ screenhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/06/red-hydrogen-one/The people behind the crazy-expensive RED cameras are making a crazy-expensive, holographic phone. The company just revealed its plans to release the Hydrogen One, a high-powered, unlocked Android smartphone with prices starting at an eye-watering $1,195. That gets you an aluminum phone with some crazy [...]
- Sonnet is a device that lets you comm... — Sonnet is a device that lets you communicate with your smartphone off-the-grid | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2017/06/29/sonnet-off-grid-messaging/The Toronto startup has built a smartphone add-on that lets anyone communicate without a cellular signal or wireless networks at all. Sonnet uses long-range radio frequency bandwidth to connect phones over a range of several miles. It essentially turns your phone into [...]
- Caltech’s ‘lensless camer... — Caltech’s ‘lensless camera’ could make our phones truly flathttps://www.engadget.com/2017/06/22/caltech-lensless-heterodyne-camera/Cameras need lenses, so your thin phone has a bump, but one day an ultra-thin optical phased array chip could change that. It uses math and optical sensors to simulate the effect of a lens. According to Professor Ali Hajimiri, it “can switch from a fish-eye to a telephoto [...]
- OnePlus 5 review: as fast and smooth ... — OnePlus 5 review: as fast and smooth as Google Pixel, without the price tag | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/20/oneplus-5-review-fast-smooth-google-pixel-price-smartphone?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231601&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2New smartphone continues phone’s USP of refined metal design and fluid user experience, but it’s not quite the bargain its predecessors were [...]
- Do compression sports clothes really ... — Do compression sports clothes really improve performance? | Life and style | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jun/19/under-pressure-do-compression-sports-clothes-really-improve-performance?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231410&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2A recent study funded by Nike appears to pour cold water on the supposed performance benefits of compression clothing. They found no difference in the levels of fatigue between those wearing compression garments and those wearing normal shorts. [...]