As early as October of 2001, Gold’s Gym at Glorietta has been offering membership to its soon-to-open fitness center, promising a March 2002 opening date. It has been a month since that promised date, and yet rubble is still visible at the gym’s location, with no official word from Gold’s Gym as to the delays. Anton San Diego of The Inquirer (Feb. 16) mentions a “soft opening in March and grand opening in July.” I seriously wonder what the hell a “soft opening” is – whatever it was, it never happened. A luncheon/show was held last February 19 at StreetLife, but no mention of the delays were made. How can they possibly NOT know that they can’t open in two (2) weeks time! Can you spell S-C-A-M? Perhaps Gold’s Gym doesn’t know that its franchisee, GlobalFit Asia, is fucking up in the Philippines. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know that Filipinos won’t stand for this. Can you imagine this situation happening in the U.S.? Can you spell L-A-W-S-U-I-T? [Update: They have opened as of 15 May 2002, albeit without shower facilities! Duh?]
Gold’s Gym Manila SUCKS big time!!!
- Best Startup of CES 2018 — Presenting the Best of CES 2018 winners!https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/11/best-of-ces-2018-winners/Black Box VR is building the gym of the future. Using the HTC Vive, motion-tracking controllers and specially designed workout equipment, Black Box turns exercise into a video game. The plan is to set up a boutique gym in San Francisco this year, where members can strap into a [...]
- Social Media Is Making Us Dumber. Her... — Social Media Is Making Us Dumber. Here’s Exhibit A. – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/opinion/social-media-dumber-steven-pinker.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&_r=1Steven Pinker is a liberal, Jewish professor. But social media convinced people that he’s a darling of the alt-right. It’s actually a worthwhile episode to unpack, because it highlights a disturbing, worsening tendency in social media in which tribal allegiances are replacing [...]
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality... — AR & VR Product Development, Marketing and CX Conferencehttp://claridenglobal.com/conference/arvr-sg-2018/?utm_campaign=ARVR_L8005_EDM9_BUY_SG_GpA&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua Through opening up a whole new canvas for storytelling and brand exploration, AR and VR offer novel, unprecedented ways to capture, hold attention and enhance the experience for customers. Nevertheless, surveys show that Singapore businesses remain skeptical about the immersive technologies, as exploration of such new [...]
- What to look out for when moving clou... — What to look out for when moving cloud-based files that are stored locally on your Mac | Macworldhttps://www.macworld.com/article/3241025/data-center-cloud/what-to-look-out-for-when-moving-cloud-based-files-that-are-stored-locally-on-your-mac.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-12-28&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-12-28&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlAs always, it’s a good idea to back up your files before moving them. The best time to start creating a backup is right this second if you don’t have one. Sync services are a great way to [...]
- Paleo Diet Explained — Paleo Diet Explained | Coachhttp://www.coachmag.co.uk/diet-plans/6436/paleo-diet-explained?_mout=1&utm_campaign=coach_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletterA comprehensive guide to the Paleo Diet [...]