MacCentral.com reviewed Sony’s USB-based storage media, the Micro Vault: slightly larger than a thumb, it can be plugged into a USB port for dragging and dropping data. It mounts very quickly under Mac OS X and is pretty darn fast with its transfer speed of 1.5 MB per second. It comes in color-coded cases (based on storage capacity), including a 16 MB (orange), 32 MB (red), 64 MB (blue) and 128 MB (black) models for suggested list prices of US$49.99, $89.99, $149.99 and $299.99, respectively.
Sony’s Micro Vault
- US Border Patrol Hasn’t Validated E-P... — https://www.wired.com/story/us-border-patrol-hasnt-validated-e-passport-data-for-years/For over a decade, US Customs and Border Protection has been unable to verify the cryptographic signatures on e-Passports, because they never installed the right software. A skilled hacker could alter the data on an e-Passport chip—like the name, photo, or expiration date—without fear that signature verification would alert a border agent to the changes. [...]
- Best Vision of the Future (Smart City... — Meanwhile, our 17-year-old Manila Metro Rail Transit System also known as the MRT Line 3, MRT-3 or Metrostar Express, which only has one line and 13 stations, is finding it hard to keep up with the rapid backwards acceleration towards the Middle Ages this country has recently been so adamant to pursue. Remember: murder bad, [...]
- Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in t... — Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in the middle of CEShttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/netflix-fake-ces-2018-altered-carbon/Venture beyond tech whales like Samsung and Sony, beyond the rows of smart speakers and giant TVs and you’ll discover that there are weirder things to be found at CES. [...]
- SanDisk’s tiny 1TB USB-C stick ... — SanDisk’s tiny 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect smartphone upgradehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/sandisk-worlds-smallest-1tb-usb-c-stick/SanDisk’s ‘world’s smallest’ 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect gadget upgrade. The world’s smallest… prototype. For now. [...]
- Which museums are taking part in the ... — Which museums are taking part in the upcoming free-admission day? Here's the complete list – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-free-museums-day-20180102-story.htmlDozens of Southern California museums will offer free admission on Jan. 28, saving upward of $25 per person. Here’s who’s participating in the Museums Free-for-All. [...]