MacCentral.com reviewed Sony’s USB-based storage media, the Micro Vault: slightly larger than a thumb, it can be plugged into a USB port for dragging and dropping data. It mounts very quickly under Mac OS X and is pretty darn fast with its transfer speed of 1.5 MB per second. It comes in color-coded cases (based on storage capacity), including a 16 MB (orange), 32 MB (red), 64 MB (blue) and 128 MB (black) models for suggested list prices of US$49.99, $89.99, $149.99 and $299.99, respectively.
Sony’s Micro Vault
- ‘Enhanced’ security scree... — ‘Enhanced’ security screenings begin for travelers flying into the UShttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/19/dhs-enhanced-security-screenings-start-today/Starting today, people flying into the US from another country should expect a much longer wait at security due to increased scrutiny. [...]
- Trump conflict of interest concerns o... — Trump conflict of interest concerns over links with law firm run by Philippine government official | US news | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/14/trump-conflict-of-interest-concerns-philippine-government-official?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=234908&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2By hiring a firm run by a high-ranking member of the Philippine government, Trump opens himself to accusations of wittingly or unwittingly paying a foreign official to secure the interests of his private business. Elpidio [...]
- Bringing ‘War for the Planet of... — Bringing ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ to life – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/bringing-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-to-life/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The movie is packed full of close-ups of the characters. There’s an astounding level of detail in the apes’ skin and fur, with every hair and eyelash clearly defined. Most of all, the glistening eyes are full of emotion. “War for the Planet of [...]
- What jobs will still be around in 20 ... — What jobs will still be around in 20 years? Read this to prepare your future | US news | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/26/jobs-future-automation-robots-skills-creative-healthJobs won’t entirely disappear; many will simply be redefined. But people will likely lack new skillsets required for new roles and be out of work anyway [...]
- Bug-zapping laser will only kill bad ... — Bug-zapping laser will only kill bad insectshttps://www.engadget.com/2017/06/26/intellectual-ventures-lab-photonic-fence-first-trial/The Photonic Fence can differentiate between pests and plain old bugs, then zap them with lasers, if a Department of Agriculture trial goes well. Using cameras and other optics, the Photonic Fence scans for pests within 100 metres, looking at each bug’s “form, velocity, acceleration and wing-beat frequency.” When [...]