Palm, Inc., the leading provider of operating systems for use in handheld computers and the leading provider of handhelds, and Be Inc. announced the completion of Palm’s acquisition of Be Incorporated which includes substantially all of its intellectual property and other technology assets for $11 million in Palm stock. In conjunction with the completion of the acquisition, Palm also has hired several key members of Be’s engineering team.
Palm buys Be
- How to get started with drone photogr... — [...]
- The MD-MBA: Doctors of the Future — The MD-MBA: Doctors of the Future | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | General News | MIMS Philippineshttp://today.mims.com/topic/the-md-mba–doctors-of-the-future?country=philippines&elq_mid=18456&elq_cid=24091Jer! You are a new-breed-of-doctor in this era’s petri dish of technology and society: our doctor-of-the-future! And in that future, we’d all be dead – either through EJK, genetic disorders, or just plain-old too-old. You’d probably employ machine-learned [...]
- The stock market’s fortunes may ride ... — The stock market’s fortunes may ride on Apple’s shoulders – MarketWatchhttp://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-stock-markets-near-term-fortunes-may-ride-on-apples-earnings-2017-07-29Apple, the most valuable company in the world by market capitalization, is set to report fiscal third-quarter earnings on Tuesday, setting the tone for the technology sector and, to a large degree, the broader stock market. [...]
- Blockchain technology in the banking ... — Blockchain technology in the banking sector | LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/pulse/blockchain-technology-banking-sector-naveen-joshi?trk=eml-email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01-recommended_articles-11-Unknown&midToken=AQFV9bBOP56j9Q&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=0hWVuK8hzaMTQ1The blockchain is the underlying technology for crypto currencies like Bitcoin. Experts say that implementing blockchain technology in banking sector [...]
- Helix’s Bold Plan to Be Your One Stop... — https://www.wired.com/story/helixs-bold-plan-to-be-your-one-stop-personal-genomics-shop/?mbid=nl_72417_p9&CNDID=49046367Eighty bucks and a spit sample gets you a spot on one of Helix’s sequencing machines, and a chunk of cloud storage for the protein-coding region of your genome—about 22,000 genes, otherwise known as the exome. Normally that would cost somewhere between $500 and $1,000. More commonly, consumer genetic tests use a technology called genotyping [...]