Palm, Inc., the leading provider of operating systems for use in handheld computers and the leading provider of handhelds, and Be Inc. announced the completion of Palm’s acquisition of Be Incorporated which includes substantially all of its intellectual property and other technology assets for $11 million in Palm stock. In conjunction with the completion of the acquisition, Palm also has hired several key members of Be’s engineering team.
Palm buys Be
- Facebook admits it poses mental healt... — Facebook admits it poses mental health risk – but says using site more can help | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/15/facebook-mental-health-psychology-social-media?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=256823&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Facebook has acknowledged that social media use can be bad for users’ mental health, a sign the company is feeling pressure from a growing chorus of critics raising alarms about the platform’s effect on society. The [...]
- Wi-Fi in 2018: What will the future l... — Wi-Fi in 2018: What will the future look like? | TechConnecthttps://www.techconnect.com/article/3237146/lan-wan/wi-fi-in-2018-what-will-the-future-look-like.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-12-01While your enterprise Wi-Fi setup might not change beyond recognition in 2018, the next year is still going to bring some shifts. The basic technology should remain largely the same, but the way you manage it could be very different. [...]
- Get to know The New Yorker by downloa... — Get to know The New Yorker by downloading the Today iOS app.http://x.eml.condenast.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=c886abd13954536a1366f92ee4a84df8With The New Yorker Today app you can now access all magazine issues from 2008 to the present! Download the app today and get all the magazine stories, plus featured Web stories, on politics and international affairs, culture and entertainment, business and technology. Bookmark [...]
- Firms ditch YouTube ads over predator... — Firms ditch YouTube ads over predatory comments on videos of children | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/24/youtube-aggressive-action-predatory-comments-videos-children?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=253924&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Global brands suspend YouTube and Google advertising after it was placed alongside videos paedophiles exploited [...]
- ‘Way too little, way too late... — ‘Way too little, way too late’: Facebook’s factcheckers say effort is failing | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/13/way-too-little-way-too-late-facebooks-fact-checkers-say-effort-is-failing?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=252187&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Journalists fighting spread of fake news raise concerns over possible conflicts of interest and say site has refused to disclose needed data [...]