Palm, Inc., the leading provider of operating systems for use in handheld computers and the leading provider of handhelds, and Be Inc. announced the completion of Palm’s acquisition of Be Incorporated which includes substantially all of its intellectual property and other technology assets for $11 million in Palm stock. In conjunction with the completion of the acquisition, Palm also has hired several key members of Be’s engineering team.
Palm buys Be
- How Sephora is leveraging AR and AI t... — How Sephora is leveraging AR and AI to transform retail and help customers buy cosmetics – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-sephora-is-leveraging-ar-and-ai-to-transform-retail-and-help-customers-buy-cosmetics/Beauty retailer Sephora followed customer technology trends to command the cosmetic industry worldwide. Here’s an inside look at its successful digital transformation. [...]
- What technology are we addicted to th... — What technology are we addicted to this time? – Timelinehttps://timeline.com/what-technology-are-we-addicted-to-this-time-f0f7860f2fabFrom novels to telephones to smartphones, we’re always supposedly hooked on the latest medium [...]
- How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’... — How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Saw Into the Future – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/how-kubricks-2001-a-space-odyssey-saw-into-the-future-1520609361?mod=trending_now_4Now 50 years old, the famously opaque science-fiction classic anticipated flat-screen technology and artificial intelligence. Fifty years ago next month, invitation-only audiences gathered in specially equipped Cinerama theaters in Washington, New York and Los Angeles to preview a widescreen epic that director Stanley Kubrick [...]
- Facebook ending News Feed experiment ... — Facebook ending News Feed experiment condemned as ‘Orwellian’ | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/01/facebook-news-feed-experiment-media-posts?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=266179&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Company announces end to trial in which professional news posts were removed from users’ feeds in six countries. The backlash from news organizations in the affected countries was swift. “Facebook doesn’t think about consequences and has no interest at all in what is [...]
- Deepfakes and the technology behind i... — Click investigates deep fakes, software used to swap faces in video, turning Spencer into President Trump. Plus a hands-on with cardboard videogame peripherals and behind the scenes at a Sci-Fi fashion show. [...]