Apple introduces the iPod, a digital audio player with a 5GB drive (1000 songs), 20-minute skip protection, a FireWire port, and an advanced Lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours (and fully charges in just over an hour—by an included A/C adapter or the FireWire port). The portable device is the about the “size of a deck of cards,” with a backlit LCD display, and offers support for playlists, ID3 tags, and iTunes. The $400 device will be available on November 10.
Apple introduces iPod
- Apple releases iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sier... — Apple releases iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, and watchOS 3.2.3 updates | Macworldhttp://www.macworld.com/article/3209040/operating-systems/apple-releases-ios-10-3-3-macos-sierra-10-12-6-and-watchos-3-2-3-updates.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-07-19&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-07-19&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlImprovements and bug fixes for your Apple gear. [...]
- Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made T... — Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made This 86-Year-Old a Billionaire – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/taiwan-s-chip-giant-creates-a-new-billionaire-on-iphone-outlookTaiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) shares have surged 27 percent in the past year, lifting founder and Chairman Morris Chang’s personal fortune to $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The climbing valuation is being fueled by optimism for a revenue boost from [...]
- News Publishers Team Up to Take On Fa... — News Publishers Team Up to Take On Facebook, Google – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/news-publishers-team-up-to-take-on-facebook-google-1499708353Newspaper publishers are calling on Congress to allow them to negotiate collectively with Google and Facebook as the duo increasingly dominate digital advertising and news distribution online. If granted a limited waiver by Congress, the group said it would push for stronger intellectual-property protections, better [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- Which iPhones and iPads can run iOS 1... — Here’s which iPads and iPhones run iOS 11http://www.techconnect.com/article/3204512/apple-ios/which-iphones-and-ipads-can-run-ios-11.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-06-30Most iPhones and iPads made since 2012 will run Apple’s new mobile OS. Here’s the rundown of which ones made the cut. [...]