Apple introduces the iPod, a digital audio player with a 5GB drive (1000 songs), 20-minute skip protection, a FireWire port, and an advanced Lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours (and fully charges in just over an hour—by an included A/C adapter or the FireWire port). The portable device is the about the “size of a deck of cards,” with a backlit LCD display, and offers support for playlists, ID3 tags, and iTunes. The $400 device will be available on November 10.
Apple introduces iPod
- You’re going to be eating crickets, s... — A steady diet of crickets may help save this world – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/edible-insects-crickets-mealworms-farm-protein/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Aspire Food Group is using tech to farm insects in an effort to address food sustainability and insecurity. [...]
- The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the n... — The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the nuances of an old analog camera without any of the hassles | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2017/10/12/the-yashica-y35/If there has been any trend these past few months in tech it’s been this: old can be new again and retro is definitely, definitely in. The same goes for digital photography and the resurgence… [...]
- How to install and use GPG Suite to e... — How to install and use GPG Suite to encrypt email with Apple Mail – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-and-use-gpg-suite-to-encrypt-email-with-apple-mail/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472When you’re on your Mac and you need to email sensitive information, don’t let a lack of tools get in your way. Here’s how the GPG Suite can make encrypting email easy in Apple Mail. [...]
- IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspbe... — IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspberry Pi – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/ibm-fits-ai-wave-forecaster-on-raspberry-pi-1718419/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleScientists have developed an advanced wave forecasting system that can run speedy simulations on a Raspberry Pi. Using deep learning, analysts at IBM Research Ireland, Baylor University, and the University of Notre Dame … [...]
- Security News This Week: Go Update Yo... — https://www.wired.com/story/update-macos-high-sierra-security-patch?mbid=nl_100717_dailyHigh Sierra 10.13 had two disappointing credential security bugs at launch, but Apple says that both have been patched in this update. [...]