BusinessWeek Online’s article “Go Ahead, Microsoft, Flatter Apple Again” warns that Mac heads shouldn’t get too upset when they see how closely Windows XP apes Apple’s OS X. In the long run, imitation can only help Jobs & Co.
XP apes OS X
- Major 2017 Web Design Trends – Review... — Major 2017 Web Design Trends – Reviewedhttps://www.shopify.ca/partners/blog/2017-web-design-trends?ref=webdesignernews.com&rodeo_token=1ad6a85c-b4bf-496f-8742-e82576555926This article analyzes which predictions we got right, features new insight into those trends, and explores new trends that we overlooked at the beginning of the year. As usual, we quizzed a ton of experts from around the world for some exclusive thoughts on how web design has evolved [...]
- KRACK WPA2 protocol Wi-Fi attack: How... — KRACK WPA2 protocol Wi-Fi attack: How it works and who’s at risk – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/krack-wpa2-protocol-wi-fi-attack-how-it-works-and-whos-at-risk/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472A vulnerability in the WPA2 protocol used in secured Wi-Fi networks allows hackers to force devices to install arbitrary encryption keys. Here are the details of how the attack works. [...]
- How to install and use GPG Suite to e... — How to install and use GPG Suite to encrypt email with Apple Mail – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-install-and-use-gpg-suite-to-encrypt-email-with-apple-mail/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472When you’re on your Mac and you need to email sensitive information, don’t let a lack of tools get in your way. Here’s how the GPG Suite can make encrypting email easy in Apple Mail. [...]
- Why video editing forced one Linux de... — Why video editing forced one Linux devotee to buy a Macbook – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/why-video-editing-forced-one-linux-devotee-to-buy-a-macbook/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472What happens when a devout Linux user sees a light they’d been denying for years? Jack Wallen explains why he had to break his Linux-only rule and buy into the cult of Mac. [...]
- Security News This Week: Go Update Yo... — https://www.wired.com/story/update-macos-high-sierra-security-patch?mbid=nl_100717_dailyHigh Sierra 10.13 had two disappointing credential security bugs at launch, but Apple says that both have been patched in this update. [...]