New Handspring PDAs that incorporate wireless functionality: the Treo 180 uses a tiny keyboard and the Treo 180g uses the more traditional Graffiti handwriting recognition for text input. Both models have black and white displays and are equipped with wireless modems that can convert the PDA into a cell phone (like their current VisorPhone) or small Internet access device. The new models pack a 33 MHz Dragonball VZ processor, 16 MB DRAM, rechargeable batteries and a flip-cover that doubles as a phone earpiece. A color version, the Treo 270, “coming mid 2002” has essentially the same specs plus color for US$599 with service activation.
- Nokia 8110 4G reboots the phone from ... — Nokia 8110 4G reboots the ’90s phone from ‘The Matrix’ at MWC – CNETThe classic ’90s “banana phone” is back with 4G and apps on board. Keanu would be proud. Welcome back, then, the Nokia 8110 4G, a new, updated version of the classic 20-year-old phone. [...]
- US Border Patrol Hasn’t Validated E-P... — https://www.wired.com/story/us-border-patrol-hasnt-validated-e-passport-data-for-years/For over a decade, US Customs and Border Protection has been unable to verify the cryptographic signatures on e-Passports, because they never installed the right software. A skilled hacker could alter the data on an e-Passport chip—like the name, photo, or expiration date—without fear that signature verification would alert a border agent to the changes. [...]
- Best Vision of the Future (Smart City... — Meanwhile, our 17-year-old Manila Metro Rail Transit System also known as the MRT Line 3, MRT-3 or Metrostar Express, which only has one line and 13 stations, is finding it hard to keep up with the rapid backwards acceleration towards the Middle Ages this country has recently been so adamant to pursue. Remember: murder bad, [...]
- Designing for VR: A Beginners Guide — Designing for VR: A Beginners Guide – Marvel Bloghttps://blog.marvelapp.com/designing-vr-beginners-guide/?ref=donvy.comThe VR age is rapidly approaching. When the world’s largest tech companies (Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple) are investing billions into the development of VR technologies, you know something big is on the horizon. Experts say that this VR revolution will be bigger than the advent of the [...]
- Time To Build Your Own Internet — Net Neutrality: Time to Use Mesh Networks to Build Your Own Internet? | Inversehttps://www.inverse.com/article/39507-mesh-networks-net-neutrality-fccLeave the big ISPs behind forever. Instead of depending on monopolistic corporations, internet users can take back the net by building their own community-supported internet networks. Mesh networks can help. [...]