Palm InfoCenter’s “Pirated Upgrade Brings OS 4.1 to N710C” article last Oct 08 states that Sony strongly advises people against performing the self-upgrade. A company spokesperson made it clear that doing so is a violation of the handheld’s warranty. The next day, Sony Announces an OS Upgrade Program for the Clié N710C from Palm OS 3.5.2 to the latest version, Palm OS 4.1. The upgrade will be done by Sony technicians. For $50, Sony will pickup the handheld, upgrade it, and return it with a CD containing all the apps that come with the N760C.
Pirated Clie Palm OS 4.1 update
- Apple iOS 12 Coming this Fall! — Apple iOS 12: Cheat sheet – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/apple-ios-12-cheat-sheet/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472With iOS 12, Apple adds security features, performance enhancements, Group FaceTime, ARKit 2, and more. Typically Apple holds a special event in mid-to-late September where new iPhone hardware that comes pre-installed with the latest version of iOS is debuted and demoed. I expect that this year will follow a [...]
- Larry Page’s Flying Car Project... — https://www.wired.com/story/kitty-hawk-larry-page-flying-car-prototype/Larry Page’s Kitty Hawk has shown a vehicle that looks, well, real. The single-seat Flyer now looks like a glossy, professional, production-ready machine, a major upgrade over the slightly precarious prototype it showed last year. That first version had the pilot perched on what looked like a motorcycle seat, separated from eight spinning fans by [...]
- SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE ... — [...]
- Apple’s Most Important WWDC 2018 Anno... — ARKit 2, Privacy, Siri Shortcuts: The Most Important WWDC 2018 News – Varietyhttps://variety.com/2018/digital/news/wwdc-2018-biggest-news-siri-ios-apple-tv-1202829288/“Today is all about software,” proclaimed Apple CEO Tim Cook during the opening keynote for Apple’s 2018 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Jose, Calif., on Monday, setting the stage for a long list of announcements of new features coming to iPhone, iPad, [...]
- iOS 11.4 could make it tougher for co... — iOS 11.4 could make it tougher for cops to unlock your iPhone | ZDNethttps://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-feature-will-make-it-tougher-for-cops-to-unlock-your-iphone/Restrictions on the USB port are said to be “aimed squarely at law enforcement.” [...]