Sam from PalmsCity.com in Hong Kong has successfully upgraded his Sony Clie PEG-N700C to OS 4.1 and is offering this service for the upgrade price of HK$580 (US$74.5). The Singapore Palm Users Group has, in fact, already availed of Sam’s services in the past for memory upgrades to the Palm V. One was held in October 1999 and the other in January 2000.
Sony Clie Palm OS 4.1 upgrade in HK
- US Border Patrol Hasn’t Validated E-P... — https://www.wired.com/story/us-border-patrol-hasnt-validated-e-passport-data-for-years/For over a decade, US Customs and Border Protection has been unable to verify the cryptographic signatures on e-Passports, because they never installed the right software. A skilled hacker could alter the data on an e-Passport chip—like the name, photo, or expiration date—without fear that signature verification would alert a border agent to the changes. [...]
- Best Vision of the Future (Smart City... — Meanwhile, our 17-year-old Manila Metro Rail Transit System also known as the MRT Line 3, MRT-3 or Metrostar Express, which only has one line and 13 stations, is finding it hard to keep up with the rapid backwards acceleration towards the Middle Ages this country has recently been so adamant to pursue. Remember: murder bad, [...]
- Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in t... — Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in the middle of CEShttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/netflix-fake-ces-2018-altered-carbon/Venture beyond tech whales like Samsung and Sony, beyond the rows of smart speakers and giant TVs and you’ll discover that there are weirder things to be found at CES. [...]
- SanDisk’s tiny 1TB USB-C stick ... — SanDisk’s tiny 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect smartphone upgradehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/sandisk-worlds-smallest-1tb-usb-c-stick/SanDisk’s ‘world’s smallest’ 1TB USB-C stick is the perfect gadget upgrade. The world’s smallest… prototype. For now. [...]
- elementaryOS: A fast and open replace... — A fast and open replacement for Windows and macOS ⋅ elementary OShttps://elementary.ioA fast and open replacement for Windows and macOS. There are myriad Linux distros, from Red Hat and CentOS and Ubuntu to Google Android. Most are typically used on computer servers that run things like websites and other big online applications, and most of [...]