Apple® today announced that Mac® OS X version 10.1, delivering dramatically enhanced performance and support for digital media and devices including DVDs, MP3 CDs, MP3 players, printers, digital cameras and DV camcorders. A free Instant Up-to-Date upgrade kit for existing Mac OS X users will be available through October 31, 2001, or while supplies last through Apple’s retail stores and at participating retail outlets.
Mac OS X 10.1 News
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most pow... — iMac Pro first look | Macworldhttps://www.macworld.com/article/3242173/macs/imac-pro-first-look.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-12-14&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-12-14&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlMade for video editing, 3D graphics, VR, and software development, Apple’s new pro Mac is an engineering feat. SaveSave [...]
- The Wikipedia Competitor That’s... — https://www.wired.com/story/everipedia-blockchain/?mbid=nl_120717_daily_list1_p3Everipedia, a two-year-old online encyclopedia, will become a decentralized, peer-to-peer, user-owned resource. Larry Sanger’s Everipedia entry is pretty close to his Wikipedia entry. It describes him as “an American Internet project developer … best known as co-founder of Wikipedia.” By the time you read this, however, it may well mention a new, more salient fact—that [...]
- Adobe Turns 35 — And We’re Just Getti... — Adobe Turns 35 — And We’re Just Getting Started | Adobe Bloghttps://theblog.adobe.com/from-digital-publishing-to-the-next-35-years-of-creating-experiences/In December of 1982, John Warnock and Chuck Geschke combined their talents to start Adobe. They helped lay the foundation for the desktop publishing revolution with Adobe PostScript, providing a radical, new way to accurately print text and images on paper. Ever since, Adobe [...]
- Buggy software could tarnish Apple’s ... — Buggy software could tarnish Apple’s sterling reputationhttps://www.cultofmac.com/517053/hey-apple-fix-your-crappy-software/Apple built its trillion-dollar reputation delivering beautiful hardware that turned tedious tasks into magical experiences. But a recent string of ridiculous bugs — and a seriously shocking security flaw — put Cupertino in a precarious position: If Apple doesn’t stop the screw-ups, it could permanently sully its good name. [...]
- Apple’s Jony Ive will return to his d... — Apple’s Jony Ive will return to his design management rolehttps://www.engadget.com/2017/12/08/apple-jony-ive-return-design-management/Apple’s chief design officer, Jony Ive, is picking his old management duties back up again, 9to5Mac reports. Back in 2015, Ive was upgraded to chief design officer from senior VP and day-to-day management was taken over by Alan Dye and Richard Howarth. Earlier today, 9to5Mac noted [...]