Microsoft® invites you to test drive a free prerelease version of Microsoft Word X for Mac. Experience the power and simplicity of Mac OS X and Microsoft Office v. X for Mac. The Word X Test Drive lets you take advantage of Mac OS X technologies, such as Aqua, Quartz, and Sheets, as well as additional features in Office v. X, including Multi-Selection and Clear Formatting.
Mac OS X 10.1 News
- Android beats iOS and Windows as leas... — Android beats iOS and Windows as least-secure mobile OS, Nokia report finds – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/android-beats-ios-and-windows-as-least-secure-mobile-os-nokia-report-finds/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Over two-thirds of all infected devices this year ran on the Android operating system, according to recent research from Nokia. [...]
- Russia’s ‘Fancy Bear̵... — https://www.wired.com/story/russia-fancy-bear-hackers-microsoft-office-flaw-and-nyc-terrorism-fears/?mbid=nl_110817_daily_list1_p3Kremlin hackers are adapting their phishing tactics with both the latest software vulnerabilities and the latest news, new McAfee findings show. SaveSave [...]
- What’s the future of programmin... — What’s the future of programming? The answer lies in functional languages – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/whats-the-future-of-programming-the-answer-lies-in-functional-languages/?bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472&ftag=TRE684d531Simon Peyton Jones describes functional programming languages like Haskell as a proving ground where programmers can test new ideas. SaveSave SaveSave [...]
- Nearly undetectable Microsoft Office ... — Nearly undetectable Microsoft Office exploit installs malware without an email attachment – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/nearly-undetectable-microsoft-office-exploit-installs-malware-without-an-email-attachment/?bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472&ftag=TRE684d531Security firm Sophos uncovered a zero day exploit that targets a 24-year-old data exchange protocol, and it can be used to silently attack machines with very little means of detection. [...]
- Science Bites: Simple blood test for ... — Science Bites: Simple blood test for early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s, HDAC2 inhibition may prevent memory loss in Alzheimer’s patientshttp://today.mims.com/simple-blood-test-for-early-diagnosis-of-alzheimer-hdac2-inhibition-may-prevent-memory-loss?elq_mid=37457&elq_cid=28942Recent discoveries have unveiled a new diagnostic method and a potential new target for treatment in patients with Alzheimer’s disease (AD). Researchers from the Department of Energy have also discovered a unique substance that closely mimics the [...]