Fuji has entered the race with this super-slim beauty, the Fuji Finepix 50i, and it’s looking like a worthy opponent to Canon’s tiny Ixus masterpiece. With an iMac-styled base unit for recharing the battery and transferring picture files to your computer, it’s the camera itself, at less than an inch thick, that’s got form-and-function down pat – a breathtaking example of minimal styling.
Fuji Finepix 50i
- News Publishers Team Up to Take On Fa... — News Publishers Team Up to Take On Facebook, Google – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/news-publishers-team-up-to-take-on-facebook-google-1499708353Newspaper publishers are calling on Congress to allow them to negotiate collectively with Google and Facebook as the duo increasingly dominate digital advertising and news distribution online. If granted a limited waiver by Congress, the group said it would push for stronger intellectual-property protections, better [...]
- Discovery: Mosquito — Now that the rainy season is upon us under the curtain of climate change here in these islands, do we have to wait until these pesky pests proliferate before we act? React as usual? If only we could devote as much murderous intent to life-saving solutions instead of life-taking ones. If only… </donvy> Mosquito (TV [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- Capture amazing fireworks shots with ... — Oh! And if your photos aren’t amazing, and you’re older than a toddler, we’ve all seen fireworks and know how they look like so spare us your mediocre photography. 😃 Capture amazing fireworks shots with your iPhone – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-capture-amazing-fireworks-photos-with-your-iphone-camera/The Fourth of July provides an annual chance to test our smartphone photography skills. Even though it [...]
- Caltech’s ‘lensless camer... — Caltech’s ‘lensless camera’ could make our phones truly flathttps://www.engadget.com/2017/06/22/caltech-lensless-heterodyne-camera/Cameras need lenses, so your thin phone has a bump, but one day an ultra-thin optical phased array chip could change that. It uses math and optical sensors to simulate the effect of a lens. According to Professor Ali Hajimiri, it “can switch from a fish-eye to a telephoto [...]