The directive was simple, short — and classic Steve Jobs. The zealous CEO of Apple Computer had instructed his mobile products marketing group to come back with a new PowerBook. It could not be the lightest, most powerful or most affordable PowerBook — oh, no — it had to be “the best notebook in the world.” That is arguable, but the resulting Titanium PowerBook G4 is easily the coolest notebook anywhere. More from Mobile Computing Online’s “Mobile Innovators of 2001: Best Notebook” feature.
Coolest Notebook In the World
- iOS 11 ‘cop button’: Shor... — iOS 11 ‘cop button’: Shortcut disables your iPhone’s Touch ID and calls SOS | ZDNethttp://www.zdnet.com/article/ios-11-cop-button-shortcut-disables-your-iphones-touch-id-and-calls-sos/Apple is offering a fast option to disable Touch ID in iOS 11. The iPhone’s Touch ID fingerprint sensor is great for quickly unlocking your device, but it’s also been used by law enforcement to circumvent legal restrictions on demanding a [...]
- iPhone X’s Face ID has at least 3 coo... — iPhone X’s Face ID has at least 3 cool hidden features – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-x-face-id-cool-hidden-features/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756And we don’t mean selfie portraits or animated poop. Apple’s least-flashy use for Face ID may be its most convenient for phone owners, because in order to benefit from it, you won’t have to do anything at all. This subtler part of Face [...]
- How to Win a War on Drugs — How to Win a War on Drugs – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/opinion/sunday/portugal-drug-decriminalization.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsDecades ago, the United States and Portugal both struggled with illicit drugs and took decisive action — in diametrically opposite directions. The U.S. cracked down vigorously, spending billions of dollars incarcerating drug users. In contrast, Portugal undertook a monumental experiment: It decriminalized the use [...]
- How Apple Built An iPhone Camera That... — How Apple Built An iPhone Camera That Makes Everyone A Professional Photographerhttps://www.buzzfeed.com/johnpaczkowski/iphone-portrait-lighting?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&utm_term=.hd2x89rp1#.reWx36wpq“We didn’t just study portrait photography. We went all the way back to paint,” Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller explained. The enhancements to the camera systems in the 8 Plus and the X are some of the biggest upgrades in the new line. [...]
- iOS 11 review: A big deal for iPads, ... — iOS 11 review: A big deal for iPads, but not iPhoneshttps://www.engadget.com/2017/09/19/apple-ios-11-review/iOS 11 marks yet another year of refinement for Apple. It delivers some useful upgrades for iPads — especially if you want to use one as a laptop replacement — but you’ll barely notice the update on iPhones. [...]