The twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York disappeared after two explosions followed the crash into them of two airplanes in what may have been a terrorist attack Tuesday morning (late night in Manila). More from Inquirer.
- KRACK WPA2 protocol Wi-Fi attack: How... — KRACK WPA2 protocol Wi-Fi attack: How it works and who’s at risk – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/krack-wpa2-protocol-wi-fi-attack-how-it-works-and-whos-at-risk/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472A vulnerability in the WPA2 protocol used in secured Wi-Fi networks allows hackers to force devices to install arbitrary encryption keys. Here are the details of how the attack works. [...]
- Late-Night Hosts Speak Out About Gun ... — Late-Night Hosts Speak Out About Gun Violence in Wake of Las Vegas Tragedy | Hollywood Reporterhttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/late-night-hosts-speak-gun-violence-wake-las-vegas-tragedy-1045047Jimmy Kimmel choked up in an emotional response to the deadly attack, while Seth Meyers had a pointed message for Congress. “I can only say that I’m sorry,” Trevor Noah said on The Daily Show. “I’m sorry we live in [...]
- How to Win a War on Drugs — How to Win a War on Drugs – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/opinion/sunday/portugal-drug-decriminalization.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsDecades ago, the United States and Portugal both struggled with illicit drugs and took decisive action — in diametrically opposite directions. The U.S. cracked down vigorously, spending billions of dollars incarcerating drug users. In contrast, Portugal undertook a monumental experiment: It decriminalized the use [...]
- Our TV Critics Debate the 2017 Emmy A... — Our TV Critics Debate the 2017 Emmy Award Nominations – The New York Timeshttps://nytimes.com/2017/07/13/arts/television/emmy-nomination-reactions-analysis.html?referer=James Poniewozik and Margaret Lyons hash out this year’s snubs, surprises and most worthy Emmy nominations. [...]
- Dear iPhone: Here’s Why We’re Still T... — Dear iPhone: Here’s Why We’re Still Together After 10 Years – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/technology/personaltech/iphone-10-years.htmlWith the introduction of new iPhones on the horizon, a look at many of the reasons that Apple’s smartphone has kept us in its grip for the last decade. [...]