The twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York disappeared after two explosions followed the crash into them of two airplanes in what may have been a terrorist attack Tuesday morning (late night in Manila). More from Inquirer.
- Hope, when there is no hope left — “I have not done my duty … to protect people … from laws that are not designed to rehabilitate, but to destroy.” –For The People S01E05 For the People (TV Series 2018– ) – IMDbhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt6437276/Created by Paul William Davies. With Jasmin Savoy Brown, Wesam Keesh, Britt Robertson, Rahvaunia. Set in the Southern District of New [...]
- ‘Maybe someone dies’: Facebook VP jus... — ‘Maybe someone dies’: Facebook VP justified bullying, terrorism as costs of network’s ‘growth’ – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/03/30/maybe-someone-dies-facebook-vp-justified-bullying-terrorism-as-costs-of-growth/?utm_term=.f68a4fac6ba1“Anything that allows us to connect more people more often is *de facto* good,” a vice president wrote in 2016. In a 2016 employee memo that was leaked this week, a Facebook executive defended the company’s questionable data mining [...]
- 19,000-pound Chinese space station fa... — Chinese space station Tiangong-1 falling “uncontrolled” back to Earth – CBS Newshttps://www.cbsnews.com/news/19000-pound-space-station-falling-uncontrolled-back-to-earth/The unmanned space lab named Tiangong-1 is expected to crash back down to Earth at some point in March. China reportedly lost control of the lab nearly two years ago, in June of 2016. The Chinese government later released an estimate that predicted Tiangong-1 [...]
- For the People | TV Series (2018– ) — “Never, ever ask a question you don’t know the answer to.” –For the People S01E01 For the People (TV Series 2018– ) – IMDbhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt6437276/Created by Paul William Davies. With Jasmin Savoy Brown, Wesam Keesh, Rahvaunia, Anna Khaja. Set in the Southern District of New York (SDNY) Federal Court, aka “The Mother Court,” the legal drama [...]
- How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’... — How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Saw Into the Future – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/how-kubricks-2001-a-space-odyssey-saw-into-the-future-1520609361?mod=trending_now_4Now 50 years old, the famously opaque science-fiction classic anticipated flat-screen technology and artificial intelligence. Fifty years ago next month, invitation-only audiences gathered in specially equipped Cinerama theaters in Washington, New York and Los Angeles to preview a widescreen epic that director Stanley Kubrick [...]