The twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York disappeared after two explosions followed the crash into them of two airplanes in what may have been a terrorist attack Tuesday morning (late night in Manila). More from Inquirer.
- How Andrew Garfield in London’s... — National Theatre Live ‘Angels In America’: How Andrew Garfield in London Play Is Broadcasted Internationally | Hollywood Reporterhttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/national-theatre-live-angels-america-how-andrew-garfield-london-play-is-broadcasted-internationally-1023118The critically acclaimed stagings of Tony Kushner’s Pulitzer-winning play, which are set in New York at the height of the AIDS crisis, is presented in two parts: Millennium Approaches on July 20 and Perestroika on July 27. The [...]
- Men Are Done With Trends — Men Are Done With Trends – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/men-are-done-with-trends-1499511627As men’s fashion week gets underway in New York, a new consumer eschews trendy runway looks and gravitates toward independent labels that specialize in classics [...]
- Trolling victim takes neo-Nazi websit... — Can a lawsuit take down The Daily Stormer? – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/taking-trolls-to-court-lawsuit-targets-the-daily-stormer/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The victim of a troll attack is hoping a lawsuit against The Daily Stormer could send a message to trolls everywhere. It’s hard to sue an anonymous troll, and big social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, are protected by the Communications Decency Act. The act [...]
- Public, New York: the five-star hotel... — Public, New York: the five-star hotel for half the price | Eva Wiseman | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jun/25/public-hotel-new-york-manhattan-five-star-hotel-half-the-price?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=232265&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Veteran hotelier Ian Schrager’s new venture in Manhattan takes luxury down a notch. Schrager is the man responsible for purple feature walls, for lobbies that double as local cocktail bars, for chairs that look like comfy sculptures, and [...]
- Physics proves no one can safely text... — https://www.wired.com/story/physics-proves-no-one-can-safely-text-and-drive?mbid=nl_61417_p8&CNDID=49046367Pretty much everyone agrees that distracted driving is bad. And the most common distraction just might be your phone. People seem convinced that they must see that notification or status update right now. This can cause problems when you’re driving. You know, crash problems. [...]