Louie’s THX Cinema closes its curtains for the last time at their “Last Full Show: A Cinemarathon Party.” Back-to-back screenings of Gladiator, Matrix, Mission Impossible:2, X-Men and What Lies Beneath bring to a close the Philippines’ first Lucasfilm THX-certified cinema.
Louie’s THX closes
- ICC probing alleged crimes in Philipp... — [...]
- What Happens When the Government Uses... — How Duterte Turned Facebook Into a Weapon—With Help From Facebook – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-12-07/how-rodrigo-duterte-turned-facebook-into-a-weapon-with-a-little-help-from-facebookIt’s social media in the age of “patriotic trolling” in the Philippines, where the government is waging a campaign to destroy a critic—with a little help from Facebook itself. Since being elected in May 2016, Duterte has turned Facebook into a weapon. The same [...]
- Why Asian Countries Are Investing So ... — Why Asian Countries Are Investing So Heavily In The English Languagehttps://www.forbes.com/sites/anismuslimin/2017/11/30/why-asian-countries-are-investing-so-heavily-in-the-english-language/#28e4f7075e85There’s a very clear correlation between English proficiency and economic competitiveness both at the country and individual levels for all Asian countries. Singapore leads the pack followed by Malaysia, the Philippines, India and Hong Kong, while South Korea settles in sixth. Economic powerhouse China isn’t [...]
- Medical marijuana use must be under &... — Secretary Duque offered that he supported the use of marijuana for medical purposes provided it is for “limited application” and more importantly, done under a “very strict research setting.” Like the experts from the University of the Philippines-Manila who are part of the Technical Working Group (TWG) tasked to study the proposed measure, the Health [...]
- Trump’s Bromance With The President O... — [...]