The premiere computer graphics conference and exhibition, Siggraph 2001, opens again at the Los Angeles Convention Center and goes on until 17 August 2001. Now with PDA-compatible maps and schedules as well as wireless network access from select areas of the convention center! Way cool!
- Apple’s 2018 WWDC keynote happens Jun... — Apple’s 2018 WWDC keynote happens June 4thhttps://www.engadget.com/2018/03/13/apple-s-2018-wwdc-event-starts-june-4th/Apple has announced the dates for its annual developer conference, WWDC. The event is scheduled for June 4th through 8th and like last year, it will take place in San Jose’s McEnery Convention Center. [...]
- How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’... — How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Saw Into the Future – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/how-kubricks-2001-a-space-odyssey-saw-into-the-future-1520609361?mod=trending_now_4Now 50 years old, the famously opaque science-fiction classic anticipated flat-screen technology and artificial intelligence. Fifty years ago next month, invitation-only audiences gathered in specially equipped Cinerama theaters in Washington, New York and Los Angeles to preview a widescreen epic that director Stanley Kubrick [...]
- All the phones and gadgets at MWC so ... — MWC 2018: All the phones and gadgets announced so far – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/pictures/mwc-2018-all-the-phones-gadgets-announced/?ftag=CAD-04-10aac3a&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Need a TL;DR for the biggest mobile industry conference going on right now? Here are all the top gadgets from Barcelona. [...]
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality... — AR & VR Product Development, Marketing and CX Conferencehttp://claridenglobal.com/conference/arvr-sg-2018/?utm_campaign=ARVR_L8005_EDM9_BUY_SG_GpA&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua Through opening up a whole new canvas for storytelling and brand exploration, AR and VR offer novel, unprecedented ways to capture, hold attention and enhance the experience for customers. Nevertheless, surveys show that Singapore businesses remain skeptical about the immersive technologies, as exploration of such new [...]
- Performance Capture in “War for... — Our holiday gift to you this season takes you behind the scenes of the blockbuster film, “War for the Planet of the Apes.” Join Weta Visual Effects Supervisor Anders Langlands as he discusses the body and facial performance capture used to create the film’s stunning VFX. This video is part of SIGGRAPH Now, a new [...]