Don’t let your kids read this, but according to The Sunday Times in the UK, “Cyber-games make children brighter.” Computer games are giving a generation of young Britons a level of co-ordination and powers of concentration equivalent to those observed in top-level athletes, a government-funded study has shown. Youngsters who play computer games regularly but not excessively also tend to have more friends and be better adjusted than those who make do with traditional pastimes such as reading and television.
- Make Facebook liable for content, say... — Make Facebook liable for content, says report on UK election intimidation | Society | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/13/make-facebook-liable-for-content-says-report-on-uk-election-intimidation?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=256508&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Watchdog calls for social media firms to be made to monitor posts and for new offence of intimidating candidates to be considered [...]
- American Express adds B2B blockchain ... — American Express adds B2B blockchain payments for faster transfers, added security – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/american-express-adds-b2b-blockchain-payments-for-faster-transfers-added-security/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472The new payment method is only available for US businesses sending money to businesses banking with Santander UK, but may roll out to other clients. [...]
- Netflix Delivers a Killer Serial Kill... — Netflix Delivers a Killer Serial Killer Series: Production on David Fincher’s ‘Mindhunter’ | Creative Planet Networkhttp://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/news/shoot/netflix-delivers-killer-serial-killer-series-production-david-finchers-mindhunter/619627The first masterpiece from filmmaker David Fincher was his feature film Se7en, a procedural featuring one of the most memorable serial killers ever committed to celluloid. Ten years ago he returned this dark territory with Zodiac, an adaptation of the [...]
- WIRED Awake June 7: France plans to b... — WIRED Awake June 7: France plans to ban petrol and diesel cars | WIRED UKhttp://www.wired.co.uk/article/wired-awake-070717?mbid=nl_7717_p10&CNDID=49046367France’s environment minister has outlined plans to eliminate petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, memory sales have driven Samsung’s biggest ever quarterly profit, Google-backed journalism fund invests in robot reporters for the UK, you’re about to get more control over your [...]
- Bringing ‘War for the Planet of... — Bringing ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ to life – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/bringing-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-to-life/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The movie is packed full of close-ups of the characters. There’s an astounding level of detail in the apes’ skin and fur, with every hair and eyelash clearly defined. Most of all, the glistening eyes are full of emotion. “War for the Planet of [...]