CNN.com/Sci-Tech reports: BMW showcases cars that run on hydrogen – Los Angeles – BMW officials traveled to one of the nation’s smoggiest cities to show off a fleet of luxury cars that run on rocket fuel, but belch virtually nothing more than water and steam from their tailpipes. The silver 750hL sedans sport a new type of internal combustion engine that runs on clean-burning hydrogen — the most abundant element — instead of gasoline.
- What it’s like to ship yourself overn... — What it’s like to ship yourself overnight on Cabin’s sleep pod bus | TechCrunchhttps://techcrunch.com/2017/07/22/cabin-sleep-pod-bus-review/A round trip Cabin between Los Angeles and San Francisco costs $230. What you get with Cabin is a sleep pod, bedding, free Wi-Fi, complimentary water, nighttime tea, coffee, earplugs and a melatonin supplement. You can store up to two pieces of [...]
- Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made T... — Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made This 86-Year-Old a Billionaire – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/taiwan-s-chip-giant-creates-a-new-billionaire-on-iphone-outlookTaiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) shares have surged 27 percent in the past year, lifting founder and Chairman Morris Chang’s personal fortune to $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The climbing valuation is being fueled by optimism for a revenue boost from [...]
- Building Robots at the Library With L... — News: Building Robots at the Library With LA Makerspacehttp://sea.pcmag.com/news/16554/building-robots-at-the-library-with-la-makerspaceSince 2012, more than 4,000 children have gathered at 134 Los Angeles libraries for maker workshops sponsored by LA Makerspace. In the course of the free, two-hour session, the children learned to fail without shame or censure; they tried, tested, tried again, and figured it out. At [...]
- WIRED Awake June 7: France plans to b... — WIRED Awake June 7: France plans to ban petrol and diesel cars | WIRED UKhttp://www.wired.co.uk/article/wired-awake-070717?mbid=nl_7717_p10&CNDID=49046367France’s environment minister has outlined plans to eliminate petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, memory sales have driven Samsung’s biggest ever quarterly profit, Google-backed journalism fund invests in robot reporters for the UK, you’re about to get more control over your [...]
- 10 top tips from our Los Angeles corr... — 10 top tips from our Los Angeles correspondent | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jun/22/10-top-tips-from-our-los-angeles-correspondent?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231905&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Stars in the sky and on the silver screen, trips to the beach and a cemetery, plus a stroll with a local actor who calls himself ‘the people walker’ … LA delivers the goods for our west coast writer [...]