AC Propulsion touts the tzero as the world’s first high-performance sports car, built around their “proprietary high-speed electric traction motor and power system.” Boasting 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds, and charges in an hour. The first car will be available in 2002 and cost about US$80k.
Electric Sports Car!
- Bring the HAL 9000 home w/ this live-... — Bring the HAL 9000 home w/ this live-model replica with Amazon Alexa built-in | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2018/03/09/hal-9000-alexa/It seems that Alexa is making its way into just about everything. There are tons of smart speakers out with it, some car manufacturers are including it, and it even made its way into a few phones. Now, however, Alexa is [...]
- WeBoost Drive Sleek Review: Cellular ... — WeBoost Drive Sleek Review: Cellular Signal Booster Helps in Remote Areas – ExtremeTechhttps://www.extremetech.com/extreme/260444-weboost-drive-sleek-cellular-signal-booster-helps-remote-areas?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleHere’s a quick way to step up cellular calling and data quality in your car when you’re off someplace remote, such as in snow country or an out-of-the-way beach down south: Install a cellular phone signal booster. The major player in the market [...]
- Math Says You’re Driving Wrong ... — https://www.wired.com/story/math-says-youre-driving-wrong-and-its-slowing-us-all-down/?CNDID=49046367&mbid=nl_121517_daily_list3_p4A new study in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems mathematically models the implications of the larger problem: You’re not keeping the right distance from the car behind you. [...]
- Apple research gives a peek at its se... — Apple research gives a peek at its self-driving car planshttps://www.engadget.com/2017/11/22/apple-research-self-driving-cars/Apple opens up (a bit) on its self-driving vehicle LiDAR research. The study shows how it spots cyclists and pedestrians using fewer sensors. [...]
- Apple’s autonomous car software... — Apple’s autonomous car software uses neural networks to improve navigation, object detection – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/apples-autonomous-car-software-uses-neural-networks-to-improve-navigation-object-detection/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472In a research paper, Apple scientists explain how new software can help self-driving cars identify pedestrians and cyclists by improving LiDAR. [...]