AC Propulsion touts the tzero as the world’s first high-performance sports car, built around their “proprietary high-speed electric traction motor and power system.” Boasting 0-60 mph in 4.1 seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds, and charges in an hour. The first car will be available in 2002 and cost about US$80k.
Electric Sports Car!
- Larry Page’s Flying Car Project... — https://www.wired.com/story/kitty-hawk-larry-page-flying-car-prototype/Larry Page’s Kitty Hawk has shown a vehicle that looks, well, real. The single-seat Flyer now looks like a glossy, professional, production-ready machine, a major upgrade over the slightly precarious prototype it showed last year. That first version had the pilot perched on what looked like a motorcycle seat, separated from eight spinning fans by [...]
- UPS has new electric trucks that look... — UPS has new electric trucks that look straight out of a Pixar moviehttps://www.engadget.com/2018/05/09/ups-electric-trucks-arrival/UPS has revealed sleek new electric trucks that look like they’ve rolled straight out of Pixar’s Cars series. The company revealed it’s working with vehicle manufacturer Arrival on a pilot fleet of 35 lightweight electric trucks that look far more futuristic than the [...]
- 5 ways you can add Alexa to your car ... — 5 ways to take Alexa with you in the car – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/ways-you-can-add-alexa-to-your-car-right-now/?ftag=CAD-04-10aaf6e&bhid=If you use Alexa at home every day, why not bring her along for your daily commute? [...]
- Bring the HAL 9000 home w/ this live-... — Bring the HAL 9000 home w/ this live-model replica with Amazon Alexa built-in | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2018/03/09/hal-9000-alexa/It seems that Alexa is making its way into just about everything. There are tons of smart speakers out with it, some car manufacturers are including it, and it even made its way into a few phones. Now, however, Alexa is [...]
- WeBoost Drive Sleek Review: Cellular ... — WeBoost Drive Sleek Review: Cellular Signal Booster Helps in Remote Areas – ExtremeTechhttps://www.extremetech.com/extreme/260444-weboost-drive-sleek-cellular-signal-booster-helps-remote-areas?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleHere’s a quick way to step up cellular calling and data quality in your car when you’re off someplace remote, such as in snow country or an out-of-the-way beach down south: Install a cellular phone signal booster. The major player in the market [...]