For both breaking news and obscure information alike, people around the world search on Google at www.google.com. With a bit of analysis, this flurry of searches often exposes interesting trends, patterns, and surprises. On a regular basis, Google Zeitgeist‘s page will be updated to reflect lists, graphs, and other tidbits of information related to Google user search behavior.
- Google Removes ‘Don’t Be ... — https://gizmodo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/gizmodo.com/google-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393/amp?amp_js_v=a1&_gsa=1&ref=donvy.com#ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fgizmodo.com%2Fgoogle-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393 Google’s unofficial motto has long been the simple phrase “don’t be evil.” But that’s over, according to the code of conduct that Google distributes to its employees. The phrase was removed sometime in late April or early May, archives hosted by the Wayback Machine show. [...]
- Human or bot? Google Duplex scares — Human or bot? Google Duplex scares me – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-duplex-assistant-bot-deception-scary-ethics-question/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756In this age of disinformation, where fake news thrives and the public has trust issues with technology, Google designed a machine that can deceive humans. Gosh, what could go wrong? [...]
- Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilit... — Attention PGP Users: New Vulnerabilities Require You To Take Action Now | Electronic Frontier Foundationhttps://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-nowUPDATE (5/14/18): More information has been released. See EFF’s more detailed explanation and analysis here.A group of European security researchers have released a warning about a set of vulnerabilities affecting users of PGP and S/MIME. EFF has been in communication with [...]
- 3 Essential Design Trends, May 2018 — 3 Essential Design Trends, May 2018 | Webdesigner Depothttps://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2018/05/3-essential-design-trends-may-2018/Attention grabbing designs are a goal for almost any project. But there are some techniques that draw users in faster than others. Those are just the elements that this month’s trends are all about. From funky, tiny navigation, to fun cut out and layers, to fast movement [...]
- Google goes for the wow at I/O, but w... — “We tell Facebook all about ourselves, but Google knows the real us,” says Brian Solis, an analyst at the Altimeter Group. “That’s why it’s so incredible — and also so dangerous at the same time.” Google goes for the wow at I/O, but what about privacy? – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-goes-for-the-wow-at-io-2018-but-what-about-privacy-ai-virtual-assistant/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The search giant was mostly mum about privacy [...]