Allan I. Teger’s Bodyscapes®: I was thinking that the shape and structure of the universe repeated itself at every level and suddenly I had the image in my mind of a skier going down a breast. This was it – the universe repeating its shapes – a body looking like a mountain. It was also an example of two realities coexisting. The picture could be seen as a landscape and it could also be seen as a body. Although they were different, both perceptions were right at the same time. I knew instantly that I had an entire series of images waiting to be captured on film.
- 10 top tips for taking amazing travel... — 10 top tips for taking amazing travel photographs | Travel | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/jan/03/t-top-tips-for-taking-amazing-travel-photographsWe asked the team at Wild Photography Holidays, supplier of the prize for our 2018 readers’ travel photography competition, for expert advice on capturing great travel shots [...]
- The most exciting blockbusters of 201... — The most exciting blockbusters of 2018 | Film | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/26/the-most-exciting-blockbusters-of-2018?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=258334&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Starting our series of the year’s most anticipated films, we look forward to Black Panther changing the superhero script, disaster movies that will hit hard and the return of the Incredibles, Deadpool and Mary Poppins SaveSave [...]
- Performance Capture in “War for... — Our holiday gift to you this season takes you behind the scenes of the blockbuster film, “War for the Planet of the Apes.” Join Weta Visual Effects Supervisor Anders Langlands as he discusses the body and facial performance capture used to create the film’s stunning VFX. This video is part of SIGGRAPH Now, a new [...]
- The top 10 architecture and design ev... — The top 10 architecture and design events of 2017 | Art and design | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/dec/13/the-top-10-architecture-and-design-events-of-2017?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=256508&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2It was a year that celebrated new dawns. From plywood to postmodernism, from the return of council housing to a Cornish art gallery, our critic picks his highlights SaveSave [...]
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi review – an ... — Star Wars: The Last Jedi review – an explosive thrill-ride of galactic proportions | Film | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-episode-viii-rian-johnson?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=256508&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The eighth instalment of the saga delivers a tidal wave of energy and emotion as a terrific crew of new and returning characters step up to meet their destiny SaveSave [...]