Casio‘s new WQV3D-8 ($269 suggested retail – metal band) and WQV3-1 ($249 suggested retail – resin band) Wrist Camera models available this September will feature a 25,000 pixel (144 x 176 pixels) color CMOS sensor. The new watches capture up to 80 full digital images in its 1MB internal memory that can be transferred to a computer in their full 16.77 million colors – with grayscale previews on the watch’s built-in 16-grayscale monochrome LCD panel.
Color Wrist Cameras
- How to become an Alexa developer: The... — How to become an Alexa developer: The smart person’s guide – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-become-an-alexa-developer-the-smart-persons-guide/?ftag=TREe09998f&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Alexa has evolved beyond the Amazon Echo into one of the hottest new platforms in tech. Learn how developers and businesses can leverage the technology. Alexa has helped to drive interest in the use of voice technology. While other services such as Apple Siri, [...]
- How Silicon Valley’s Workplace Cultur... — How Silicon Valley’s Workplace Culture Produced James Damore’s Google Memo | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/how-silicon-valleys-workplace-culture-produced-james-damores-google-memo?mbid=nl_TNY%20Template%20-%20With%20Photo%20(197)&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11677871&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1221021892&spReportId=MTIyMTAyMTg5MgS2Under the familiar guise of objectivity, Damore misrepresents where the real power lies in the tech industry. Minority groups in tech are no strangers to being second-guessed, condescended to, overlooked, underpaid, and uncredited. But seeing Damore’s arguments made public—and, in some cases, [...]
- Our Minds Have Been Hijacked by Our P... — https://www.wired.com/story/our-minds-have-been-hijacked-by-our-phones-tristan-harris-wants-to-rescue-them/?mbid=nl_72717_p3&CNDID=49046367The founder of a nonprofit aimed at stopping tech companies from “hijacking our minds” says internet users must reclaim their humanity. [...]
- Stanford built a ‘4D’ cam... — Stanford built a ‘4D’ camera for cars, robots and VRhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/stanford-4d-camera-robots/A team of Stanford scientists have created what could be the perfect “eye” for autonomous vehicles and delivery drones thus far. It’s a 4D camera that can capture nearly 140 degrees of information, allowing it to gather more information than conventional cameras in a single image. [...]
- Nikon working on next-gen D850 DSLR f... — Nikon working on next-gen D850 DSLR for its 100th anniversaryhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/nikon-D850-100th-anniversary-dslr/For its 100th anniversary, the camera maker has no intention of ceding the high-end professional market, however: It just announced the development of the full-frame (FX) D850, the successor to the 36.3-megapixel, full-frame D810 (pictured). Nikon released a 4K teaser YouTube video (below) with a mix [...]