The World Animation Celebration kicks off on 07 August 2001 in Hollywood, California, and lasts until 12 August 2001. Siggraph 2001 immediately follows it at the L.A. Convention Center on 12-17 August 2001. Online registration is available for both events.
Animation Celebration • Siggraph 2001
- Oscars 2018 predictions from our film... — Oscars 2018 predictions from our film critic Peter Bradshaw | Film | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2018/mar/04/peter-bradshaw-predictions-oscars-2018-academy-awards?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=266179&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Will The Shape of Water and Three Billboards dominate at the first post-Weinstein Academy Awards? At the Golden Globes, James Franco was at one moment the hero of the hour, winning for The Disaster Artist, and then he was denounced by a [...]
- Top Hollywood director’s new iPhone m... — Top Hollywood director’s new iPhone movie makes its debut | Cult of Machttps://www.cultofmac.com/530665/top-hollywood-directors-new-iphone-movies-makes-debut/Director Steven Soderbergh’s new psychological thriller, Unsane, which was shot on an iPhone, premiered at the Berlin Film Festival this week. The movie was shot over the course of just two weeks, considerably shorter than the typical shooting schedule on a feature film. [...]
- ‘Altered Carbon’: Underst... — ‘Altered Carbon’: The New Netflix Series, Explained | Hollywood Reporterhttps://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/altered-carbon-new-netflix-series-explained-1081140From executive producer and showrunner Laeta Kalogridis, and based on an original 2002 novel written by author Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon takes place in a far future world where mankind has captured immortality like lightning in a bottle — or high-tech devices in the back [...]
- Social Media Is Making Us Dumber. Her... — Social Media Is Making Us Dumber. Here’s Exhibit A. – The New York Timeshttps://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/opinion/social-media-dumber-steven-pinker.html?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits&_r=1Steven Pinker is a liberal, Jewish professor. But social media convinced people that he’s a darling of the alt-right. It’s actually a worthwhile episode to unpack, because it highlights a disturbing, worsening tendency in social media in which tribal allegiances are replacing [...]
- Which museums are taking part in the ... — Which museums are taking part in the upcoming free-admission day? Here's the complete list – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-free-museums-day-20180102-story.htmlDozens of Southern California museums will offer free admission on Jan. 28, saving upward of $25 per person. Here’s who’s participating in the Museums Free-for-All. [...]