Techies vie for the title of ‘Sexiest Geek Alive’ in this Wired News article, “In Search of the Sexiest Geek.” The search for this year’s winner started last Tuesday in Indianapolis, which is the first of 11 regional competitions and will end with three geeks to compete in the finals in San Jose, California, on June 21.
Hard Bodies Who Love Hard Drives
- You’re going to be eating crickets, s... — A steady diet of crickets may help save this world – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/edible-insects-crickets-mealworms-farm-protein/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Aspire Food Group is using tech to farm insects in an effort to address food sustainability and insecurity. [...]
- The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the n... — The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the nuances of an old analog camera without any of the hassles | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2017/10/12/the-yashica-y35/If there has been any trend these past few months in tech it’s been this: old can be new again and retro is definitely, definitely in. The same goes for digital photography and the resurgence… [...]
- IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspbe... — IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspberry Pi – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/ibm-fits-ai-wave-forecaster-on-raspberry-pi-1718419/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleScientists have developed an advanced wave forecasting system that can run speedy simulations on a Raspberry Pi. Using deep learning, analysts at IBM Research Ireland, Baylor University, and the University of Notre Dame … [...]
- Facebook Quietly Enters StarCraft War... — https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-quietly-enters-starcraft-war-for-ai-bots-and-loses?mbid=nl_100917_dailyFacebook entered a StarCraft competition for software bots, revealing its ambition to compete with Google in artificial intelligence. [...]
- Security News This Week: Go Update Yo... — https://www.wired.com/story/update-macos-high-sierra-security-patch?mbid=nl_100717_dailyHigh Sierra 10.13 had two disappointing credential security bugs at launch, but Apple says that both have been patched in this update. [...]