Starbucks Begins to Offer Wireless Access: Starbucks and Microsoft team up with MobileStar to offer wireless (802.11) access in a test market of Seattle, San Francisco, and Dallas.
Wireless Internet @ Starbucks!
- What it’s like to ship yourself overn... — What it’s like to ship yourself overnight on Cabin’s sleep pod bus | TechCrunchhttps://techcrunch.com/2017/07/22/cabin-sleep-pod-bus-review/A round trip Cabin between Los Angeles and San Francisco costs $230. What you get with Cabin is a sleep pod, bedding, free Wi-Fi, complimentary water, nighttime tea, coffee, earplugs and a melatonin supplement. You can store up to two pieces of [...]
- Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made T... — Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made This 86-Year-Old a Billionaire – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/taiwan-s-chip-giant-creates-a-new-billionaire-on-iphone-outlookTaiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) shares have surged 27 percent in the past year, lifting founder and Chairman Morris Chang’s personal fortune to $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The climbing valuation is being fueled by optimism for a revenue boost from [...]
- San Francisco loves tech and fancy co... — San Francisco loves tech and fancy coffee. So of course it has barista robots – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cafe-x-automation-20170217-story.htmlCafe X combines two of San Francisco’s favorite things: artisanal coffee and automated technology. “I prefer this because you don’t have to wait,” said Franco, whose coffee was made in less than a minute. “It even accepts PayPal.” [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- To tackle Google’s power, regulators ... — To tackle Google’s power, regulators have to go after its ownership of data | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/01/google-european-commission-fine-search-engines?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=233216&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Alphabet has so much data on each of us that any new incoming email adds very little additional context. There are, after all, diminishing returns to adding extra pieces of information to the billions it already possesses. Second, [...]