Computers are illogical machines in dire need of a total overhaul, and the information technology industry is completely screwed up, academics and engineers told IT workers at an Association for Computing Machinery conference. “The vast majority of computers have few interactive features and are largely unable to forecast human behavior, William Buxton said, rendering them less advanced than airport toilets that flush automatically when the user departs the stall.” Read the complete article “Scientists, engineers rail at PC industry” from Yahoo News.
IT industry is completely screwed up
- Genetic advances in osteoporosis: Wha... — Genetic advances in osteoporosis: What’s next? | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | Multidisciplinary | MIMS Malaysiahttp://specialty.mims.com/topic/genetic-advances-in-osteoporosis–what-s-next-?conference=asian-federation-of-osteoporosis-societies–afos-2017–5th-annual-scientific-meeting&channel=multi-specialty&elq_mid=37836&elq_cid=29102Genetic advances in osteoporosis: What’s next? in Asian Federation of Osteoporosis Societies (AFOS 2017) 5th Annual Scientific Meeting | MIMS Malaysia [...]
- Here’s the tech you shouldnR... — Here’s the tech you shouldn’t buy on Black Friday – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/heres-the-tech-you-shouldnt-buy-on-black-friday/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Wait! Before you fight the crowds to plunk down your hard-earned cash, make sure that a Black Friday deal is really a deal. [...]
- You’re going to be eating crickets, s... — A steady diet of crickets may help save this world – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/edible-insects-crickets-mealworms-farm-protein/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Aspire Food Group is using tech to farm insects in an effort to address food sustainability and insecurity. [...]
- The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the n... — The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the nuances of an old analog camera without any of the hassles | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2017/10/12/the-yashica-y35/If there has been any trend these past few months in tech it’s been this: old can be new again and retro is definitely, definitely in. The same goes for digital photography and the resurgence… [...]
- IMF Head Foresees the End of Banking ... — IMF Head Foresees the End of Banking and the Triumph of Cryptocurrency – Foundation for Economic Education – Working for a free and prosperous worldhttps://fee.org/articles/imf-head-predicts-the-end-of-banking-and-the-triumph-of-cryptocurrency/In a remarkably frank talk at a Bank of England conference, the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund has speculated that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency have as much of a future [...]