PDABuzz.com offers a sneak peek on a new Handspring Visor “Edge” PDA for release this spring (April/May). It’s thinner, sleeker, and reminds you a lot about Apple’s TiBook. The new device will have an all metal case, PalmOS 3.5, 8MB RAM, a lithium (ion or polymer are uncertain) battery, a detachable Springboard adaptor, and it will be the lightest & thinnest Visor yet. A reader notes that the Edge, like other Handsprings, does not come with PalmOS 4.0 nor is the OS upgradable. That instantly gives the Palm m500 the upper hand. Updated info from Go2Mac’s Visor Edge Details. • Dave Wilson of LATimes.com had his hands on a working prototype of the much-awaited paper cellphone in this article: New Origami Trick: Turn Paper Into a Functional Phone.
Visor Edge • Disposable cellphones update
- Apple releases iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sier... — Apple releases iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, and watchOS 3.2.3 updates | Macworldhttp://www.macworld.com/article/3209040/operating-systems/apple-releases-ios-10-3-3-macos-sierra-10-12-6-and-watchos-3-2-3-updates.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-07-19&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-07-19&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlImprovements and bug fixes for your Apple gear. [...]
- Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made T... — Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made This 86-Year-Old a Billionaire – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/taiwan-s-chip-giant-creates-a-new-billionaire-on-iphone-outlookTaiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) shares have surged 27 percent in the past year, lifting founder and Chairman Morris Chang’s personal fortune to $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The climbing valuation is being fueled by optimism for a revenue boost from [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- Google’s DeepMind Trial Failed ... — News: Google’s DeepMind Trial Failed to Comply With Data Protection Lawshttp://sea.pcmag.com/news/16412/googles-deepmind-trial-failed-to-comply-with-data-protectionA year-long investigation found that patients were not adequately informed that medical data would be used as part of a trial of Streams, a mobile app designed to help with the real-time detection of acute kidney injury (AKI). “There’s no doubt the huge potential that [...]
- Twenty Years After the Handover to Ch... — Twenty Years After the Handover to China, Hong Kong Remains a City on the Edge | The New Yorkerhttp://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/twenty-years-after-the-handover-to-china-hong-kong-remains-a-city-on-the-edge?mbid=nl__daily&CNDID=50268964&mbid=nl_170701_daily&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11383573&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1200069440&spReportId=MTIwMDA2OTQ0MAS2In the fall of 1989, the American consul-general in Hong Kong, Donald Anderson, asked a retired local politician to imagine the future: What might life be like after July 1, 1997, the day that Britain’s century-old lease [...]