After many long hours of rigorous testing and impartial journalistic observation, Chris Taylor reviews Sony’s “Trojan Dog,” AIBO, in this online version of ON Magazine’s April issue. • Slashdot reports that according to an article in The Times, Cambridge University Computer Laboratory’s famous coffee pot camera – allegedly the world’s first web cam is to be retired, when the department moves to a new building.
Aibo review • First Webcam retiring
- Are We Ready for Intimacy With Androi... — https://www.wired.com/2017/10/hiroshi-ishiguro-when-robots-act-just-like-humans/?mbid=nl_101717_daily_introHiroshi Ishiguro builds beautiful, realistic, uncannily convincing human replicas. [...]
- Here’s the tech you shouldnR... — Here’s the tech you shouldn’t buy on Black Friday – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/heres-the-tech-you-shouldnt-buy-on-black-friday/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Wait! Before you fight the crowds to plunk down your hard-earned cash, make sure that a Black Friday deal is really a deal. [...]
- You’re going to be eating crickets, s... — A steady diet of crickets may help save this world – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/edible-insects-crickets-mealworms-farm-protein/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Aspire Food Group is using tech to farm insects in an effort to address food sustainability and insecurity. [...]
- The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the n... — The digital YASHICA Y35 has all the nuances of an old analog camera without any of the hassles | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2017/10/12/the-yashica-y35/If there has been any trend these past few months in tech it’s been this: old can be new again and retro is definitely, definitely in. The same goes for digital photography and the resurgence… [...]
- IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspbe... — IBM Fits AI Wave Forecaster on Raspberry Pi – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/ibm-fits-ai-wave-forecaster-on-raspberry-pi-1718419/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleScientists have developed an advanced wave forecasting system that can run speedy simulations on a Raspberry Pi. Using deep learning, analysts at IBM Research Ireland, Baylor University, and the University of Notre Dame … [...]