From BusinessWorld Online: Angel from the sky – Being still a largely patriarchial society, women in extreme sports remains a novelty in the Philippines. But skydiver Gigi Auditor makes no big deal about jumping 10,000 feet from the heavens. And she hopes more Filipinas would take up the thrill.
- Plan ahead: Solar eclipses of 2024 (U... — The next total solar eclipse visible across North America will take place on Monday, April 8, 2024. From our side of the world, a total solar eclipse will occur on April 20, 2042 which will be visible in the Philippines – 25 years from now, if we survive the executions in the next five years, that is. [...]
- James Damore, Google, and the YouTube... — James Damore, Google, and the YouTube radicalization of angry white men | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/13/james-damore-google-memo-youtube-white-men-radicalization?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=239242&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Damore became an ‘alt-right’ hero after Google fired him over his views on women. Did Google-owned YouTube play a role in reinforcing those ideas? [...]
- ‘Special child’ gunned down in QC — ‘Special child’ gunned down in QC | News5 – InterAksyonhttp://www.interaksyon.com/special-child-gunned-down-in-qc/“A 23-yearold “special child” was shot dead early Tuesday morning in Quezon City in a hit similar to the thousands of murders that have marked the government’s war on drugs since last year.” Being one of only two predominantly Christian nations in Southeast Asia, 92% of [...]
- Survey says fewer Filipinos experienc... — Is it because they’re dead? Did the survey take into consideration the thousands of Filipinos killed from questionable circumstances since our killer-in-chief sat on his flaming throne from hell? </donvy> Survey says fewer Filipinos experience hunger | News for Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist | General News | MIMS Philippineshttp://today.mims.com/topic/survey-says-fewer-filipinos-experience-hunger-?country=philippines&elq_mid=18384&elq_cid=23659A most recent survey in the country shows [...]
- National Geographic #Explorer: Drug W... — Drug War in the Philippines – Explorer Video – National Geographic Channelhttp://channel.nationalgeographic.com/explorer/videos/drug-war-in-the-philippines/Correspondent Ryan Duffy talks with Explorer host Aasif Mandvi about the violent crackdown on drug dealers and users taking place in the Philippines. [...]