Sega unveils humanoid robots, capable of laughing, loving and crying. The family includes C-BOT which communicates via a digital display face on its head and by a cell phone. Other members are Y-BOT, which is touted as the robot that can talk back and learn words, and M-BOT, which is expected to dance along with music. Another robot, however, Robo-chi, can’t walk because it’s a baby. • Those little virtual business cards that some people attach to their e-mails might be dangerous. Microsoft announced Friday that a flaw in its Outlook e-mail program allows crackers to crash or remotely control computers and entire networks, via virtual business cards (Vcards) that harbor malicious code.
New Sega Robots • Another MS Outlook flaw
- Google Removes ‘Don’t Be ... — https://gizmodo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/gizmodo.com/google-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393/amp?amp_js_v=a1&_gsa=1&ref=donvy.com#ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fgizmodo.com%2Fgoogle-removes-nearly-all-mentions-of-dont-be-evil-from-1826153393 Google’s unofficial motto has long been the simple phrase “don’t be evil.” But that’s over, according to the code of conduct that Google distributes to its employees. The phrase was removed sometime in late April or early May, archives hosted by the Wayback Machine show. [...]
- Google goes for the wow at I/O, but w... — “We tell Facebook all about ourselves, but Google knows the real us,” says Brian Solis, an analyst at the Altimeter Group. “That’s why it’s so incredible — and also so dangerous at the same time.” Google goes for the wow at I/O, but what about privacy? – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/google-goes-for-the-wow-at-io-2018-but-what-about-privacy-ai-virtual-assistant/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The search giant was mostly mum about privacy [...]
- Top 10 Most Advanced Technology Comin... — [...]
- Here are the 20 most in-demand skills... — Here are the 20 most in-demand skills for freelance workers – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/here-are-the-20-most-in-demand-skills-for-freelance-workers/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472As more workers turn to the gig economy, it’s important to know what skills will help you land a job. Hint: Most of them are in tech. Blockchain, Tensorflow, and Amazon DynamoDB were the fastest-growing and most in-demand freelance skills in Q1 2018. [...]
- Facebook Now Suppresses Untrustworthy... — What an excruciatingly miniscule amount of effort for the largest social media platform. But then again, not all members of this community are human beings. Followers you say? Technically they’re bots. Just like their master! Clearly he’s not human. </donvy> Facebook Now Suppresses Untrustworthy Sites to Weed out Fake Newshttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/facebook-will-suppress-certain-news-sites-weed-fake-news/70562/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=05042018&utm_term=NewsletterDuring a speech this week at [...]