Touted as the fastest browser on earth, the Opera browser is available for all major computer platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, BeOS and EPOC. Available for download from the Opera website. • The Odigo Messenger allows you to integrate your different Internet instant messaging solutions into one, connecting to AOL’s AIM, ICQ and Yahoo Messenger among its numerous features. Check it out at the Odigo website. The Mac version only works with ICQ so far though.
Opera • Odigo
- What it’s like to ship yourself overn... — What it’s like to ship yourself overnight on Cabin’s sleep pod bus | TechCrunchhttps://techcrunch.com/2017/07/22/cabin-sleep-pod-bus-review/A round trip Cabin between Los Angeles and San Francisco costs $230. What you get with Cabin is a sleep pod, bedding, free Wi-Fi, complimentary water, nighttime tea, coffee, earplugs and a melatonin supplement. You can store up to two pieces of [...]
- Your Facebook Messenger app is about ... — Your Facebook Messenger app is about to be filled with ads | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/12/facebook-messenger-app-adverts?utm_content=buffer982b8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=bufferAfter forcing Facebook users to switch to a separate Messenger app to continue chatting, the social network is about to start pushing adverts on those using the function. Facebook said on Tuesday that it was testing advertising on its Messenger [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- 45 Slack Hacks to Help You Say Goodby... — 45 Slack Hacks to Help You Say Goodbye to Email | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/342246/45-slack-hacks-to-help-you-say-goodbye-to-email?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleFrom 2012 to Feb. 2017, the service has moved from 17,000 users to 5 million. That’s especially amazing since it started out as the messaging system inside a video game that didn’t get off the ground. [...]
- Is it safer to use an app or a browse... — Is it safer to use an app or a browser for banking? | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2017/jun/22/is-it-safer-to-use-an-app-or-a-browser-for-banking?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231905&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Browsers are risky because there are trojans designed to collect banking information. Apps are risky because most banking apps probably have security flaws, and because fake/malware apps sometimes appear in app stores. Systems that use two-factor authentication, preferably with a [...]