jamie from Slashdot reports about the Manila Bulletin‘s and ZDNet Asia‘s article on a Pinoy math enthusiast finding a fast way to decode RSA encryption – the most commonly used encryption and authentication algorithm in the world today. As provided by jamie, a cleaned-up transcript of the pinoy: Leo de Velez, and Ron Rivest’s (the “R” in RSA) emailed conversation may be found here, but be warned – it’s quite mathematical. In this transcript, Leo de Velez also mentioned that the Manila Bulletin agreed to wait for more information before printing the article, which Edu Lopez of that newspaper simply failed to do.
RSA cracked? Not!
- Building Robots at the Library With L... — News: Building Robots at the Library With LA Makerspacehttp://sea.pcmag.com/news/16554/building-robots-at-the-library-with-la-makerspaceSince 2012, more than 4,000 children have gathered at 134 Los Angeles libraries for maker workshops sponsored by LA Makerspace. In the course of the free, two-hour session, the children learned to fail without shame or censure; they tried, tested, tried again, and figured it out. At [...]
- 5 Things Not to Do After a Data Breac... — 5 Things Not to Do After a Data Breach | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/article/354410/what-not-to-do-after-a-data-breach?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleEveryone is a data breach target these days. In this article, we offer five examples of how not to respond to a cyberattack. [...]
- With Planet of the Apps, Apple fails ... — With Planet of the Apps, Apple fails to crack the code for good TV [Review] | Cult of Machttp://www.cultofmac.com/485664/apple-tv-show-planet-of-the-apps-review/With its new reality show Planet of the Apps, Apple didn’t try to reinvent the wheel. It slapped a new body on a well-worn vehicle — wannabe entrepreneurs pitching their precious ideas to a panel of questionable [...]
- WSJ: Build Your Own Trading Bot — Build Your Own Trading Bothttp://www.wsj.com/graphics/build-your-own-trading-bot/Can you beat the market using the WSJ’s trading simulator? The Trading Bot can buy and sell shares in an S&P 500 index fund based on the rules you set for me — in other words, your algorithm. [...]
- Finally, Photoshop is Dead for Web an... — Finally, Photoshop is dead for web and app design – Xfivehttps://www.xfive.co/blog/photoshop-dead-web-app-design/?ref=webdesignernews.comIf you are a Mac user, you can skip this article. There’s more than 99% chance that you use Sketch and Photoshop has been dead for you for a long time. [...]