Bored of skydiving already? Anonymous Coward at Slashdot reports on this article on Space.com about a Canadian company that wants to introduce a new sport called “space diving.” It’s like sky diving, but from space down to earth.
- Blockchain Dictionary — Blockchain Dictionary – Hacker Noonhttps://hackernoon.com/blockchain-dictionary-f4d098c9ef89An in-depth list of the most common terms used in blockchain space [...]
- Michelangelo’s Anxious, Modern Faces,... — Michelangelo’s Anxious, Modern Faces, at the Sistine Chapel in the Ocu | The New Yorkerhttp://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/michelangelos-anxious-modern-faces-at-the-sistine-chapel-in-the-oculus?mbid=nl__daily&CNDID=50268964&mbid=nl_TNY%20Template%20-%20With%20Photo%20(187)&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11363353&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1182466159&spReportId=MTE4MjQ2NjE1OQS2Michelangelo’s frescoes on the Sistine Chapel ceiling have been so murdered by mass tourism that going to look at them is an exhausting, not to mention occasionally frightening, experience. It’s easy to mock the dialogue between the mall space and the [...]
- Custom Spectacles takes snaps under t... — Custom Spectacles takes snaps under the seahttps://www.engadget.com/2017/06/25/custom-spectacles-takes-snaps-under-the-sea/Snapchat teams up with Royal Caribbean for a Spectacles-based diving mask. Called the SeaSeeker, the video and photo recording mask lasts for 30 minutes underwater at depths up to 150 feet. So it’s perfect for scuba and free diving. [...]
- The Quantum Computer Factory That’s T... — https://www.wired.com/story/quantum-computing-factory-taking-on-google-ibm/A few yards from the stockpile of La Croix in the warehouse space behind startup Rigetti Computing’s offices in Fremont, California, sits a machine like a steampunk illustration made real. Rigetti is using the machine and millions of dollars’ worth of other equipment housed here in hermetically sealed glass lab spaces to try and build [...]
- Do compression sports clothes really ... — Do compression sports clothes really improve performance? | Life and style | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jun/19/under-pressure-do-compression-sports-clothes-really-improve-performance?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=231410&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2A recent study funded by Nike appears to pour cold water on the supposed performance benefits of compression clothing. They found no difference in the levels of fatigue between those wearing compression garments and those wearing normal shorts. [...]