Apple’s new PowerBook is just 1 inch thick and weighs a mere 5.3 pounds. The PowerBook G4 is a heavyweight in an ultralight body – the world’s first notebook computer made of 99.5% pure grade CP1 (meaning commercially pure) titanium. • Jason O’Grady’s latest article for ZDNet Hands on the G4 PowerBook gets some initial reactions to Mercury from MacWorld Expo SF 2001. • Macworld Editor in Chief Andrew Gore on Apple’s new PowerBook, G4 Desktops, and multimedia software: It’s great to see that Apple not just thinking different, but thinking better in his article Apple’s Thinking Better. • Apple posted the Developer Note for the newly announced PowerBook G4. The highly technical document outlines almost every detail of the new machine and is available in HTML and in PDF formats.
Apple’s new PowerBook!
- Apple releases iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sier... — Apple releases iOS 10.3.3, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, and watchOS 3.2.3 updates | Macworldhttp://www.macworld.com/article/3209040/operating-systems/apple-releases-ios-10-3-3-macos-sierra-10-12-6-and-watchos-3-2-3-updates.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=mw_nlt_mw_daily_html_2017-07-19&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Macworld%20Daily%202017-07-19&utm_term=mw_daily_htmlImprovements and bug fixes for your Apple gear. [...]
- Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made T... — Apple’s Secret New iPhone Just Made This 86-Year-Old a Billionaire – Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-13/taiwan-s-chip-giant-creates-a-new-billionaire-on-iphone-outlookTaiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) shares have surged 27 percent in the past year, lifting founder and Chairman Morris Chang’s personal fortune to $1 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The climbing valuation is being fueled by optimism for a revenue boost from [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- Camera maker RED is building a phone ... — Camera maker RED is building a phone with a ‘holographic’ screenhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/06/red-hydrogen-one/The people behind the crazy-expensive RED cameras are making a crazy-expensive, holographic phone. The company just revealed its plans to release the Hydrogen One, a high-powered, unlocked Android smartphone with prices starting at an eye-watering $1,195. That gets you an aluminum phone with some crazy [...]
- Which iPhones and iPads can run iOS 1... — Here’s which iPads and iPhones run iOS 11http://www.techconnect.com/article/3204512/apple-ios/which-iphones-and-ipads-can-run-ios-11.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2017-06-30Most iPhones and iPads made since 2012 will run Apple’s new mobile OS. Here’s the rundown of which ones made the cut. [...]