ZDNet.com exposes the bizarre, the ludicrous, and the downright dumbest events of the year, in their third annual Floppy Awards. • CBSHealthWatch reports that there is no link between cell phone use and brain cancer.
- Zuckerberg certainly convinced me ... — Zuckerberg certainly convinced me – to log off Facebook for good, that is | Emma Brockes | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/12/mark-zuckerberg-log-off-facebook-congress?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=271200&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2I felt little more than distaste for the tech mogul. Then I saw him before Congress, writes Guardian columnist Emma Brockes, and the effect was immediate [...]
- How to View Battery Health and Disabl... — How to View Battery Health and Disable Performance Throttling in iOS 11.3https://www.idropnews.com/how-to/how-to-view-battery-health-and-disable-performance-throttling-in-ios-11-3/67468/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=04022018&utm_term=NewsletterNow that Apple’s iOS 11.3 software update has officially been released to the public, users sporting iPhone 6 devices or newer can access new battery management tools to gain insight into their device’s battery health, performance estimates, and more. [...]
- Facebook: is it time we all deleted o... — Facebook: is it time we all deleted our accounts? | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/20/facebook-is-it-time-we-all-deleted-our-accounts?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsSorry to break it to you, but you are probably a “dumb fuck”. This is according to statements by a young Mark Zuckerberg anyway. The Cambridge Analytica revelations may be the final nudge we need to turn away from the social network. [...]
- Newly Discovered Router Malware Likel... — Newly Discovered Router Malware Likely Created By Govt. Agencyhttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/newly-discovered-slingshot-router-malware-likely-created-by-govt-agency/65760/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=03162018&utm_term=NewsletterSecurity researchers have discovered a new piece of malware that’s so sophisticated that it went undetected for six years. The so-called Slingshot malware was first spotted by researchers at Kaspersky Lab. Instead of infecting a computer, Slingshot embeds itself into a network’s router. And it’s so advanced [...]
- 5 Ways to Prepare Your iPhone or iPad... — 5 Ways to Prepare Your iPhone or iPad for iOS 11.3https://www.idropnews.com/ios-11/5-ways-to-prepare-your-iphone-or-ipad-for-ios-11-3/66122/8/It’s likely that we’ll see iOS 11.3 launch in the next couple of weeks. With a wide range of features, iOS 11.3 is an exciting software update — and with battery health tools, it’s an important one. But there are smart steps you should do [...]