The Technology Review lists the educated predictions of their editors and chose 10 emerging areas of technology that will soon have a profound impact on the economy and on how we live and work. These advances span information technology, biotechnology and nanotechnology – the core of TR coverage in every issue. • Meanwhile, I4U news has put together The Top 10 Gadgets of 2000 – the coolest gadgets they have reported about on I4U this year 2000. • Not every disappearing technology deserves that fate. Sometimes the “losers” have an elegance and simplicity the “winners” lack. The Technology Review presents the Ten Passed Technologies.
Tech Top Tens (update)
- App: The Human Story is an antidote t... — App: The Human Story is an antidote to Planet of the Apps | Cult of Machttps://www.cultofmac.com/517117/app-the-human-story-documentary/What does it feel like pinning your hopes and livelihood to one of Apple’s most important creations? Fascinating new documentary App: The Human Story takes an unflinching look at the world of app developers in an attempt to answer that [...]
- 2017’s best tech gifts for the ... — 2017’s best tech gifts for the holidays – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/2017s-best-tech-gifts-for-holidays/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Stumped on stocking stuffers? TechRepublic’s gift guides compile the best gadgets for everyone on your holiday gift list. From tech gadgets like drones to wearables like the Apple Watch to Raspberry Pis, TechRepublic put together a list of great holiday gift ideas for your kids, family members, [...]
- 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles... — 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles as Casket – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/3d-printed-euthanasia-machine-doubles-as-casket-1725317/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleEuthanasia may sound like a nice alternative to 2017. And, thanks to Dr. Death himself, it’s about to get a lot easier. All you need is a 3D printer, some open space, and a death wish. Philip Nitschke, founder of pro-euthanasia group Exit International, recently unveiled plans for [...]
- 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet — 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/340440/15-tech-gifts-for-your-pampered-pet?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleIn 1994, US owners of dogs, cats, and other household pets spent a measly $17 billion on their furry friends, according to the American Pet Products Association. As of 2016, companion animal spending was up to $66.75 billion, a number that’s expected to jump to $69.36 billion [...]
- JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Ra... — JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Race, But Who Wins? – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/jpl-pits-human-against-ai-in-drone-race-but-who-wins-1724472/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleResearchers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory recently conducted the ultimate test of artificial versus human intelligence: drone racing. JPL capped off two years of drone autonomy research (funded by Google) with an October competition between their AI and world-class pilot Ken Loo. [...]