The Technology Review lists the educated predictions of their editors and chose 10 emerging areas of technology that will soon have a profound impact on the economy and on how we live and work. These advances span information technology, biotechnology and nanotechnology – the core of TR coverage in every issue. • Meanwhile, I4U news has put together The Top 10 Gadgets of 2000 – the coolest gadgets they have reported about on I4U this year 2000. • Not every disappearing technology deserves that fate. Sometimes the “losers” have an elegance and simplicity the “winners” lack. The Technology Review presents the Ten Passed Technologies.
Tech Top Tens (update)
- Newly Discovered Router Malware Likel... — Newly Discovered Router Malware Likely Created By Govt. Agencyhttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/newly-discovered-slingshot-router-malware-likely-created-by-govt-agency/65760/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=03162018&utm_term=NewsletterSecurity researchers have discovered a new piece of malware that’s so sophisticated that it went undetected for six years. The so-called Slingshot malware was first spotted by researchers at Kaspersky Lab. Instead of infecting a computer, Slingshot embeds itself into a network’s router. And it’s so advanced [...]
- A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Haw... — A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Hawking | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/a-physicists-farewell-to-stephen-hawkingHawking was a scientific and cultural revolutionary. He saw the cosmos as no one before him had—and he could explain it to the masses, too. Stephen Hawking delighted in reminding audiences that he was born three hundred years to the day after the death of Galileo, [...]
- Top 10 Unforgettable Stephen Hawking ... — [...]
- Wine prices to rise as bad weather br... — Wine prices to rise as bad weather brings worst harvest for 50 years | Business | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/09/wine-prices-to-rise-as-bad-weather-brings-worst-harvest-for-50-years?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=266870&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2It’s the kind of bad news best served with a stiff drink: the price of standard supermarket wines such as prosecco and pinot grigio could rise by up to 30% this year as the impact of 2017’s disastrous [...]
- How to read less news but be more inf... — Stop reading the latest news if you want to be better informed — Quartzhttps://qz.com/1222019/stop-reading-the-latest-news-if-you-want-to-be-better-informed/Instead of focusing on what everyone is already talking about, hunt down unusual knowledge. Writer and futurist Richard Watson may teach London business students and Silicon Valley tech companies how to think about crafting tools for tomorrow, but he’s not even on [...]