Surfing the net and can’t seem to answer Microsoft’s “Where do you want to go today?” question? Check out Slime Volleyball!!! • Every Evil Overlord invariably gets overthrown and destroyed in the end and no matter whether they are barbarian lords, deranged wizards, mad scientists or alien invaders, they always seem to make the same basic mistakes every single time. With that in mind, Peter Anspach presents… The Top 100 Things I’d Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord.
Slime Volleyball • Evil Overlord list
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]
- To tackle Google’s power, regulators ... — To tackle Google’s power, regulators have to go after its ownership of data | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/01/google-european-commission-fine-search-engines?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=233216&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Alphabet has so much data on each of us that any new incoming email adds very little additional context. There are, after all, diminishing returns to adding extra pieces of information to the billions it already possesses. Second, [...]
- How to protect yourself against Petya... — How to protect yourself against Petya malware – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/how-to/petya-goldeneye-malware-ransomware-protect-yourself-against/?ftag=CAD3c77551&bhid=27547158291070567978960326502559There are two ways Petya/GoldenEye attacks a computer. “The exploit attacks vulnerable Windows Server Message Block (SMB) service, which is used to share files and printers across local networks,” said David Sykes, business security expert at Sophos. “Microsoft addressed the issue in its MS17-010 bulletin in March, [...]
- How Apple leapt ahead of Google, Face... — How Apple leapt ahead of Google, Facebook and Microsoft on AR – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/apple-augmented-reality-advantages-wwdc-2017/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Apple is fashionably late to the party, but it’s arguably jumped to first place in the augmented reality race. [...]
- WannaCry attacks prompt Microsoft to ... — WannaCry attacks prompt Microsoft to release Windows updates for older versions | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/14/wannacry-attacks-prompt-microsoft-to-release-updates-for-older-windows-versions?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=230673&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2The company typically releases security updates for operating systems it still supports – but in wake of serious cyber-attack it has reassessed the policy [...]