Satirewire.com’s caustic site design critic Mr. Clickwell reviews the biggest sites on the Internet and finds their Web wardrobes (gasp!) wanting. From MSN (“Please, don’t bother breaking up Microsoft, just break up this Web site!”), to AOL (“Three words: Red, White, and Bloated”) to eBay (“This site is a bowling shirt come to life”), Mr. Clickwell spares no one. – The Standard reports New York’s Silicon Alley was in a tizzy last week after the New Yorker ran a hilarious piece called “My Fake Job,” in which former Letterman writer Rodney Rothman recounted his days of masquerading as an employee at an unnamed Manhattan dot-com consultancy.
Mr. Clickwell, Fake job
- Newly Discovered Router Malware Likel... — Newly Discovered Router Malware Likely Created By Govt. Agencyhttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/newly-discovered-slingshot-router-malware-likely-created-by-govt-agency/65760/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=03162018&utm_term=NewsletterSecurity researchers have discovered a new piece of malware that’s so sophisticated that it went undetected for six years. The so-called Slingshot malware was first spotted by researchers at Kaspersky Lab. Instead of infecting a computer, Slingshot embeds itself into a network’s router. And it’s so advanced [...]
- A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Haw... — A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Hawking | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/a-physicists-farewell-to-stephen-hawkingHawking was a scientific and cultural revolutionary. He saw the cosmos as no one before him had—and he could explain it to the masses, too. Stephen Hawking delighted in reminding audiences that he was born three hundred years to the day after the death of Galileo, [...]
- For the People | TV Series (2018– ) — “Never, ever ask a question you don’t know the answer to.” –For the People S01E01 For the People (TV Series 2018– ) – IMDbhttps://www.imdb.com/title/tt6437276/Created by Paul William Davies. With Jasmin Savoy Brown, Wesam Keesh, Rahvaunia, Anna Khaja. Set in the Southern District of New York (SDNY) Federal Court, aka “The Mother Court,” the legal drama [...]
- How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’... — How Kubrick’s ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Saw Into the Future – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/how-kubricks-2001-a-space-odyssey-saw-into-the-future-1520609361?mod=trending_now_4Now 50 years old, the famously opaque science-fiction classic anticipated flat-screen technology and artificial intelligence. Fifty years ago next month, invitation-only audiences gathered in specially equipped Cinerama theaters in Washington, New York and Los Angeles to preview a widescreen epic that director Stanley Kubrick [...]
- How to read less news but be more inf... — Stop reading the latest news if you want to be better informed — Quartzhttps://qz.com/1222019/stop-reading-the-latest-news-if-you-want-to-be-better-informed/Instead of focusing on what everyone is already talking about, hunt down unusual knowledge. Writer and futurist Richard Watson may teach London business students and Silicon Valley tech companies how to think about crafting tools for tomorrow, but he’s not even on [...]