Satirewire.com’s caustic site design critic Mr. Clickwell reviews the biggest sites on the Internet and finds their Web wardrobes (gasp!) wanting. From MSN (“Please, don’t bother breaking up Microsoft, just break up this Web site!”), to AOL (“Three words: Red, White, and Bloated”) to eBay (“This site is a bowling shirt come to life”), Mr. Clickwell spares no one. – The Standard reports New York’s Silicon Alley was in a tizzy last week after the New Yorker ran a hilarious piece called “My Fake Job,” in which former Letterman writer Rodney Rothman recounted his days of masquerading as an employee at an unnamed Manhattan dot-com consultancy.
Mr. Clickwell, Fake job
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has b... — It’s Nice That | Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announcedhttps://www.itsnicethat.com/news/pantone-colour-of-the-year-2018-ultra-violet-071217?ref=donvy.comPantone has announced its Colour of the Year 2018 is Ultra Violet, or Pantone 18-3838 TCX. Unveiled in The New York Times, the announcement is based on in-depth research, trend forecasting and analysis of current culture. [...]
- 2017’s best tech gifts for the ... — 2017’s best tech gifts for the holidays – TechRepublichttps://www.techrepublic.com/article/2017s-best-tech-gifts-for-holidays/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Stumped on stocking stuffers? TechRepublic’s gift guides compile the best gadgets for everyone on your holiday gift list. From tech gadgets like drones to wearables like the Apple Watch to Raspberry Pis, TechRepublic put together a list of great holiday gift ideas for your kids, family members, [...]
- 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles... — 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles as Casket – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/3d-printed-euthanasia-machine-doubles-as-casket-1725317/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleEuthanasia may sound like a nice alternative to 2017. And, thanks to Dr. Death himself, it’s about to get a lot easier. All you need is a 3D printer, some open space, and a death wish. Philip Nitschke, founder of pro-euthanasia group Exit International, recently unveiled plans for [...]
- 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet — 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/340440/15-tech-gifts-for-your-pampered-pet?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleIn 1994, US owners of dogs, cats, and other household pets spent a measly $17 billion on their furry friends, according to the American Pet Products Association. As of 2016, companion animal spending was up to $66.75 billion, a number that’s expected to jump to $69.36 billion [...]
- ‘Mailsploit’ Lets Hackers Forge Perfe... — https://www.wired.com/story/mailsploit-lets-hackers-forge-perfect-email-spoofs/?mbid=nl_120617_daily_list3_p5The attack uncovers bugs in how more than a dozen programs implement email’s creaky protocol. Haddouche says he contacted all of the affected firms months ago to warn them about the vulnerabilities he’s found. Yahoo Mail, Protonmail and Hushmail have already fixed their bugs, while Apple and Microsoft have told Haddouche they’re working on a [...]