Transmeta confirms recall of Crusoe chips in this Yahoo article. The company said that the recalled Crusoe chips came from a limited manufacturing batch, and it said any remaining inventory of the defective chips had been returned to Transmeta. Intel’s advertising agency has hired the creator of Apple Computer Inc.’s “Think Different” spots, Ken Segall, to work on the Pentium 4 campaign, in this TechWeb article. The original “Think Different” campaign won an Emmy in 1998, and the campaign won the Effie award for marketing effectiveness. Robodex 2000 show update in this article from the EDTN Network.
- How to become an Alexa developer: The... — How to become an Alexa developer: The smart person’s guide – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-become-an-alexa-developer-the-smart-persons-guide/?ftag=TREe09998f&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Alexa has evolved beyond the Amazon Echo into one of the hottest new platforms in tech. Learn how developers and businesses can leverage the technology. Alexa has helped to drive interest in the use of voice technology. While other services such as Apple Siri, [...]
- Herrera Bladeless Drone — Herrera Bladeless Drone | Uncratehttps://uncrate.com/article/herrera-bladeless-drone/Winner of a 2016 Red Dot Design Concept award, the Bladeless Drone from Mexico’s Edgar Herrera takes on the two biggest problems with traditional drones: blades and the noise they create. By using a series of air ducts and vents, it achieves flight without the dangers posed by exposed blades. The [...]
- How Silicon Valley’s Workplace Cultur... — How Silicon Valley’s Workplace Culture Produced James Damore’s Google Memo | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/how-silicon-valleys-workplace-culture-produced-james-damores-google-memo?mbid=nl_TNY%20Template%20-%20With%20Photo%20(197)&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11677871&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1221021892&spReportId=MTIyMTAyMTg5MgS2Under the familiar guise of objectivity, Damore misrepresents where the real power lies in the tech industry. Minority groups in tech are no strangers to being second-guessed, condescended to, overlooked, underpaid, and uncredited. But seeing Damore’s arguments made public—and, in some cases, [...]
- Our Minds Have Been Hijacked by Our P... — https://www.wired.com/story/our-minds-have-been-hijacked-by-our-phones-tristan-harris-wants-to-rescue-them/?mbid=nl_72717_p3&CNDID=49046367The founder of a nonprofit aimed at stopping tech companies from “hijacking our minds” says internet users must reclaim their humanity. [...]
- Your Facebook Messenger app is about ... — Your Facebook Messenger app is about to be filled with ads | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/12/facebook-messenger-app-adverts?utm_content=buffer982b8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=bufferAfter forcing Facebook users to switch to a separate Messenger app to continue chatting, the social network is about to start pushing adverts on those using the function. Facebook said on Tuesday that it was testing advertising on its Messenger [...]