The Tech Report showcases a slew of Crusoe-based subnotebooks fresh from Comdex in this article. Very small, very nice, very light, and imagine: 11 hours of battery life! Sir Arthur C. Clarke, the author of 2001, is backing a colourful British computer entrepreneur in his bid to launch a mass-market version of HAL under the brand name the Clarke Omniputer. The Clarke 1 Gigahertz Omniputer is being dubbed as the most advanced personal computer in the world, verging on artificial intelligence. Read more in The Guardian Unlimited.
Sub-sub-notebooks, 2001’s HAL
- 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles... — 3D-Printed Euthanasia Machine Doubles as Casket – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/3d-printed-euthanasia-machine-doubles-as-casket-1725317/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleEuthanasia may sound like a nice alternative to 2017. And, thanks to Dr. Death himself, it’s about to get a lot easier. All you need is a 3D printer, some open space, and a death wish. Philip Nitschke, founder of pro-euthanasia group Exit International, recently unveiled plans for [...]
- 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet — 15 Tech Gifts for Your Pampered Pet | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/340440/15-tech-gifts-for-your-pampered-pet?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleIn 1994, US owners of dogs, cats, and other household pets spent a measly $17 billion on their furry friends, according to the American Pet Products Association. As of 2016, companion animal spending was up to $66.75 billion, a number that’s expected to jump to $69.36 billion [...]
- JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Ra... — JPL Pits Human Against AI in Drone Race, But Who Wins? – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/jpl-pits-human-against-ai-in-drone-race-but-who-wins-1724472/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleResearchers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory recently conducted the ultimate test of artificial versus human intelligence: drone racing. JPL capped off two years of drone autonomy research (funded by Google) with an October competition between their AI and world-class pilot Ken Loo. [...]
- 15 Smart STEM Toys for the Techie Kid... — https://www.wired.com/2017/11/gift-guide-tech-toys-for-kids/?mbid=nl_120117_gadgetlab_list3_p2Gifts for your miniature scientists to take apart, put back together, and everything else. NO ONE WHO has ever watched a toddler methodically taking apart a Tupperware drawer can doubt that many children are natural-born (ha ha!) engineers. Your only job as a parent is to nurture their creativity … and, well, clean up the [...]
- Control Your Roomba With IFTTT Comman... — Control Your Roomba With IFTTT Commands – Geek.comhttps://www.geek.com/tech/control-your-roomba-with-ifttt-commands-1723535/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleWhen the humans are away, the Roomba will play: Keep a closer eye on your iRobot vacuum with new IFTTT functionality. Using If This Then That applets, owners can trigger the autonomous cleaner … [...]