The Tech Report showcases a slew of Crusoe-based subnotebooks fresh from Comdex in this article. Very small, very nice, very light, and imagine: 11 hours of battery life! Sir Arthur C. Clarke, the author of 2001, is backing a colourful British computer entrepreneur in his bid to launch a mass-market version of HAL under the brand name the Clarke Omniputer. The Clarke 1 Gigahertz Omniputer is being dubbed as the most advanced personal computer in the world, verging on artificial intelligence. Read more in The Guardian Unlimited.
Sub-sub-notebooks, 2001’s HAL
- Zuckerberg certainly convinced me ... — Zuckerberg certainly convinced me – to log off Facebook for good, that is | Emma Brockes | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/12/mark-zuckerberg-log-off-facebook-congress?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=271200&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2I felt little more than distaste for the tech mogul. Then I saw him before Congress, writes Guardian columnist Emma Brockes, and the effect was immediate [...]
- Facebook: is it time we all deleted o... — Facebook: is it time we all deleted our accounts? | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/20/facebook-is-it-time-we-all-deleted-our-accounts?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsSorry to break it to you, but you are probably a “dumb fuck”. This is according to statements by a young Mark Zuckerberg anyway. The Cambridge Analytica revelations may be the final nudge we need to turn away from the social network. [...]
- Newly Discovered Router Malware Likel... — Newly Discovered Router Malware Likely Created By Govt. Agencyhttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/newly-discovered-slingshot-router-malware-likely-created-by-govt-agency/65760/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=03162018&utm_term=NewsletterSecurity researchers have discovered a new piece of malware that’s so sophisticated that it went undetected for six years. The so-called Slingshot malware was first spotted by researchers at Kaspersky Lab. Instead of infecting a computer, Slingshot embeds itself into a network’s router. And it’s so advanced [...]
- A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Haw... — A Physicist’s Farewell to Stephen Hawking | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/a-physicists-farewell-to-stephen-hawkingHawking was a scientific and cultural revolutionary. He saw the cosmos as no one before him had—and he could explain it to the masses, too. Stephen Hawking delighted in reminding audiences that he was born three hundred years to the day after the death of Galileo, [...]
- Bring the HAL 9000 home w/ this live-... — Bring the HAL 9000 home w/ this live-model replica with Amazon Alexa built-in | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2018/03/09/hal-9000-alexa/It seems that Alexa is making its way into just about everything. There are tons of smart speakers out with it, some car manufacturers are including it, and it even made its way into a few phones. Now, however, Alexa is [...]