BBC News has this article on The Gutenberg Bible, the first major book printed in the west, set to go online on the internet in full for the first time. Ten researchers and technical experts from Tokyo’s Keio University and from Japanese telecoms company NTT spent two weeks in the British Library to digitise the pages – bringing with them technology originally designed for spy satellites. Issey Miyake’s Versatility line of men’s jackets seem to paint a clothing-as-gadgets picture – one jacket reverses to a raincoat, while another has a raincoat secretly stashed within. The travel jacket has enough waterproof compartments for one to forego the overnight bag completely!
Gutenberg Bible, Issey Miyake
- Think pink! How rosé became the booze... — Think pink! How rosé became the booze of choice for millennials | Life and style | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/18/think-pink-how-rose-became-the-booze-of-choice-for-millennials?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=235552&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2Sales of the pink wine are booming – thanks to its Instagram-friendly hues, some trendy rebrands and a hot summer. But it’s not just thirsty twentysomethings we’ve got to thank for its renaissance. Lorna Andrews, a fashion influencer [...]
- News Publishers Team Up to Take On Fa... — News Publishers Team Up to Take On Facebook, Google – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/news-publishers-team-up-to-take-on-facebook-google-1499708353Newspaper publishers are calling on Congress to allow them to negotiate collectively with Google and Facebook as the duo increasingly dominate digital advertising and news distribution online. If granted a limited waiver by Congress, the group said it would push for stronger intellectual-property protections, better [...]
- Men Are Done With Trends — Men Are Done With Trends – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/men-are-done-with-trends-1499511627As men’s fashion week gets underway in New York, a new consumer eschews trendy runway looks and gravitates toward independent labels that specialize in classics [...]
- Trolling victim takes neo-Nazi websit... — Can a lawsuit take down The Daily Stormer? – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/taking-trolls-to-court-lawsuit-targets-the-daily-stormer/?ftag=CAD1acfa04&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756The victim of a troll attack is hoping a lawsuit against The Daily Stormer could send a message to trolls everywhere. It’s hard to sue an anonymous troll, and big social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, are protected by the Communications Decency Act. The act [...]
- ‘The Circle’: A movie rev... — ‘The Circle’: A movie review for the tech literate – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/news/the-circle-review-tom-hanks-emma-watson-tech-dave-eggers/#ftag=CADf328eecIs Tom Hanks playing Zuck, @jack or Jobs? The objective of a tech thriller shouldn’t be an award for peering most presciently into our digital downfall. “When you see someone on stage in front of a great group of people being incredibly charming, do not [...]