BBC News has this article on The Gutenberg Bible, the first major book printed in the west, set to go online on the internet in full for the first time. Ten researchers and technical experts from Tokyo’s Keio University and from Japanese telecoms company NTT spent two weeks in the British Library to digitise the pages – bringing with them technology originally designed for spy satellites. Issey Miyake’s Versatility line of men’s jackets seem to paint a clothing-as-gadgets picture – one jacket reverses to a raincoat, while another has a raincoat secretly stashed within. The travel jacket has enough waterproof compartments for one to forego the overnight bag completely!
Gutenberg Bible, Issey Miyake
- Training workers for the digital age — [...]
- All the phones and gadgets at MWC so ... — MWC 2018: All the phones and gadgets announced so far – CNEThttps://www.cnet.com/pictures/mwc-2018-all-the-phones-gadgets-announced/?ftag=CAD-04-10aac3a&bhid=27170905380744054130315685538756Need a TL;DR for the biggest mobile industry conference going on right now? Here are all the top gadgets from Barcelona. [...]
- Can Cryptocurrency Mining Save the Me... — News: Can Cryptocurrency Mining Save the Media Business?http://sea.pcmag.com/news/19588/can-cryptocurrency-mining-save-the-media-businessThe media company Salon is testing an alternative to online ads that’ll serve a cryptocurrency miner that can help the publisher generate revenue. The miner—which requires people to opt in—runs over your internet browser and siphons away a PC’s excess computing power to generate a virtual currency called [...]
- How to Watch the 2018 Winter Olympics... — How to Watch the 2018 Winter Olympics Online | PCMag.comhttps://www.pcmag.com/feature/358912/how-to-watch-the-2018-winter-olympics-online?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=titleYou can watch the PyeongChang Olympics from almost anywhere; here’s how. SaveSave [...]
- Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, a... — Instagram Is Turning Into Facebook, and That’s Bad – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/instagram-is-turning-into-facebook-and-thats-bad-1517422670Facebook Inc. has owned Instagram since 2012 but the two have felt totally different—until recently, when Instagram started using many of the same digital tricks Facebook pioneered to keep you scrolling longer. Part of what made Instagram great was that your main feed was a stream [...]