More Sony products: their new line of voice file recorders now provide memory stick storage technology for easy transfer to your PC. Forget about passwords, well, you forget them anyway, because Siemens’ new ID Mouse offers built-in fingerprint identification technology. And MGA Entertainment has another robot dog offering: Shadow, the cuddly robot dog. More information on Honda’s humanoid Asimo robot may be found here. Olympus released a new Eye-Trek HMD, the FMD250W – highly recommended for DVD viewing.
Memo recorders, mice, cuddly robot dog, Eye-Trek
- Zuckerberg certainly convinced me ... — Zuckerberg certainly convinced me – to log off Facebook for good, that is | Emma Brockes | Opinion | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/12/mark-zuckerberg-log-off-facebook-congress?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=271200&subid=19723158&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2I felt little more than distaste for the tech mogul. Then I saw him before Congress, writes Guardian columnist Emma Brockes, and the effect was immediate [...]
- ‘Maybe someone dies’: Facebook VP jus... — ‘Maybe someone dies’: Facebook VP justified bullying, terrorism as costs of network’s ‘growth’ – The Washington Posthttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/03/30/maybe-someone-dies-facebook-vp-justified-bullying-terrorism-as-costs-of-growth/?utm_term=.f68a4fac6ba1“Anything that allows us to connect more people more often is *de facto* good,” a vice president wrote in 2016. In a 2016 employee memo that was leaked this week, a Facebook executive defended the company’s questionable data mining [...]
- This Mower Can Cut Around Posts With ... — This is why the labor force of the future is 80% robots and 20% humans. If the coal miners and grass cutters and call centers do not prepare themselves for the coming jobpocalypse, they should all prepare to go hungry. If they’re alright with belt-tightening and basically starving, they should try not to have children [...]
- Facebook: is it time we all deleted o... — Facebook: is it time we all deleted our accounts? | Technology | The Guardianhttps://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/20/facebook-is-it-time-we-all-deleted-our-accounts?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethitsSorry to break it to you, but you are probably a “dumb fuck”. This is according to statements by a young Mark Zuckerberg anyway. The Cambridge Analytica revelations may be the final nudge we need to turn away from the social network. [...]
- Newly Discovered Router Malware Likel... — Newly Discovered Router Malware Likely Created By Govt. Agencyhttps://www.idropnews.com/news/fast-tech/newly-discovered-slingshot-router-malware-likely-created-by-govt-agency/65760/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=03162018&utm_term=NewsletterSecurity researchers have discovered a new piece of malware that’s so sophisticated that it went undetected for six years. The so-called Slingshot malware was first spotted by researchers at Kaspersky Lab. Instead of infecting a computer, Slingshot embeds itself into a network’s router. And it’s so advanced [...]