More Sony products: their new line of voice file recorders now provide memory stick storage technology for easy transfer to your PC. Forget about passwords, well, you forget them anyway, because Siemens’ new ID Mouse offers built-in fingerprint identification technology. And MGA Entertainment has another robot dog offering: Shadow, the cuddly robot dog. More information on Honda’s humanoid Asimo robot may be found here. Olympus released a new Eye-Trek HMD, the FMD250W – highly recommended for DVD viewing.
Memo recorders, mice, cuddly robot dog, Eye-Trek
- How to become an Alexa developer: The... — How to become an Alexa developer: The smart person’s guide – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-become-an-alexa-developer-the-smart-persons-guide/?ftag=TREe09998f&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Alexa has evolved beyond the Amazon Echo into one of the hottest new platforms in tech. Learn how developers and businesses can leverage the technology. Alexa has helped to drive interest in the use of voice technology. While other services such as Apple Siri, [...]
- How Silicon Valley’s Workplace Cultur... — How Silicon Valley’s Workplace Culture Produced James Damore’s Google Memo | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/how-silicon-valleys-workplace-culture-produced-james-damores-google-memo?mbid=nl_TNY%20Template%20-%20With%20Photo%20(197)&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=11677871&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1221021892&spReportId=MTIyMTAyMTg5MgS2Under the familiar guise of objectivity, Damore misrepresents where the real power lies in the tech industry. Minority groups in tech are no strangers to being second-guessed, condescended to, overlooked, underpaid, and uncredited. But seeing Damore’s arguments made public—and, in some cases, [...]
- Our Minds Have Been Hijacked by Our P... — https://www.wired.com/story/our-minds-have-been-hijacked-by-our-phones-tristan-harris-wants-to-rescue-them/?mbid=nl_72717_p3&CNDID=49046367The founder of a nonprofit aimed at stopping tech companies from “hijacking our minds” says internet users must reclaim their humanity. [...]
- Stanford built a ‘4D’ cam... — Stanford built a ‘4D’ camera for cars, robots and VRhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/stanford-4d-camera-robots/A team of Stanford scientists have created what could be the perfect “eye” for autonomous vehicles and delivery drones thus far. It’s a 4D camera that can capture nearly 140 degrees of information, allowing it to gather more information than conventional cameras in a single image. [...]
- San Francisco loves tech and fancy co... — San Francisco loves tech and fancy coffee. So of course it has barista robots – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cafe-x-automation-20170217-story.htmlCafe X combines two of San Francisco’s favorite things: artisanal coffee and automated technology. “I prefer this because you don’t have to wait,” said Franco, whose coffee was made in less than a minute. “It even accepts PayPal.” [...]