Thomas Fuller of the International Herald Tribuine has this interesting article on the Philippines’ much beloved president-elect (sic!).
- Ethical Design: The Practical Getting... — Ethical Design: The Practical Getting-Started Guide — Smashing Magazinehttps://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/03/ethical-design-practical-getting-started-guide/?ref=donvy.comAs designers and developers, we have an obligation to build experiences that are better than the norm where design features are meticulously being built to exploit human behavior and make us addicts of social media. This article explains how unethical design happens, and how to do ethical [...]
- Introducing “wheelchair accessible” r... — While the Philippines ponders bewildered, perplexed, and stumped on how to run a light rail system whose origins date back to the beginning of the 20th century where early cities realized the contribution of mass transit to progress and development. In fact, Spain’s Department of Public Works for the Philippines started construction on a steam-powered [...]
- Top FBI, CIA, and NSA officials all a... — Top FBI, CIA, and NSA officials all agree: Stay away from Huawei phones | TechConnecthttps://www.techconnect.com/article/3252255/android/cia-fbi-nsa-officials-avoid-huawei-phones.html?idg_eid=412374c121fe539738655f52ae490f8f&email_SHA1_lc=f6d5fe2a378ea202f8af35117edcb06be2465c6d&cid=tcon_nlt_techconnect_daily_2018-02-15&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TechConnect%20Daily%202018-02-15&utm_term=techconnect_dailyThe heads of the FBI, CIA, and NSA warned U.S. customers from buying Huawei phones and said they would never consider buying one for themselves in testimony on Capitol Hill this week. CBS News is reporting that FBI Director Christopher Wray, [...]
- ICC probing alleged crimes in Philipp... — [...]
- Kenya’s Dangerous Path Toward A... — It’s beginning to look a lot like… Hitler! Our proud president should know! Go Pinoy Pride! Kenya’s Dangerous Path Toward Authoritarianism | The New Yorkerhttps://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/kenyas-dangerous-path-toward-authoritarianism?mbid=nl_Daily%20021018%20Control&CNDID=50268964&spMailingID=12907812&spUserID=MjA0NTE2Mjc4MjE5S0&spJobID=1340854494&spReportId=MTM0MDg1NDQ5NAS2A recent media blackout has raised questions about the strength of democracy and the judiciary in East Africa’s most economically powerful nation. SaveSave [...]