Entertainment Robot America (ERA), a division of Sony Electronics Inc. (SEL) has proclaimed November 21, “AIBO, Here There and Everywhere” day in the City by the Bay, San Francisco, California. For more information, visit www.aibo.com. If you think you’ve had enough of that high-tech box in front of you, check out The Illustrated Guide to Breaking Your Computer.
Aibo launch, TIGTBYC
- Oracle unveils Blockchain Cloud Servi... — Oracle unveils Blockchain Cloud Service to bring security and resiliency to the enterprise – TechRepublichttp://www.techrepublic.com/article/oracle-unveils-blockchain-cloud-service-to-bring-security-and-resiliency-to-the-enterprise/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=27689259515740508250262421970472Launched at Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, the new service leverages the distributed ledger technology of blockchain to deliver enhanced security and more. [...]
- Intel’s New Chip Design Takes Pointer... — https://www.wired.com/story/intels-new-chip-design-takes-pointers-from-your-brain?mbid=nl_092517_daily&CNDID=%%CUST_ID%%Silicon neurons might make cars and robots smarter and more independent. [...]
- Stanford built a ‘4D’ cam... — Stanford built a ‘4D’ camera for cars, robots and VRhttps://www.engadget.com/2017/07/25/stanford-4d-camera-robots/A team of Stanford scientists have created what could be the perfect “eye” for autonomous vehicles and delivery drones thus far. It’s a 4D camera that can capture nearly 140 degrees of information, allowing it to gather more information than conventional cameras in a single image. [...]
- What it’s like to ship yourself overn... — What it’s like to ship yourself overnight on Cabin’s sleep pod bus | TechCrunchhttps://techcrunch.com/2017/07/22/cabin-sleep-pod-bus-review/A round trip Cabin between Los Angeles and San Francisco costs $230. What you get with Cabin is a sleep pod, bedding, free Wi-Fi, complimentary water, nighttime tea, coffee, earplugs and a melatonin supplement. You can store up to two pieces of [...]
- San Francisco loves tech and fancy co... — San Francisco loves tech and fancy coffee. So of course it has barista robots – LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cafe-x-automation-20170217-story.htmlCafe X combines two of San Francisco’s favorite things: artisanal coffee and automated technology. “I prefer this because you don’t have to wait,” said Franco, whose coffee was made in less than a minute. “It even accepts PayPal.” [...]