I just bought a Tekno robotic puppy from Amazon.com, of course I haven’t received it yet, but after the enormous success of Sony’s Aibo, every toy manufacturer is jumping on the robot dog bandwagon. Newsweek‘s and the New York Times‘ archived articles attest to this. But I’m not about to shell out over US$2,000.00 for a toy! That’s how much my laptop cost me! Tekno costs about US$40, and then there’s i-Cybie that’s coming out this Christmas, for about US$150, from the same makers of Furby. Poo-Chi, also from Tiger Electronics, is another dog that I think is lame because it can’t even walk! And then there’s Descartes…
How much is that robot in the window?
- Justin Timberlake – Filthy (Off... — [...]
- Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in t... — Netflix hid a fake biotech booth in the middle of CEShttps://www.engadget.com/2018/01/10/netflix-fake-ces-2018-altered-carbon/Venture beyond tech whales like Samsung and Sony, beyond the rows of smart speakers and giant TVs and you’ll discover that there are weirder things to be found at CES. [...]
- Honda set to unveil four adorable rob... — Honda set to unveil four adorable robot concepts at CES with facial interactions, more | 9to5Toyshttps://9to5toys.com/2017/12/08/honda-ces-robots/This week Honda unveiled its CES 2018 preview, detailing a four-some of uber cute robotic concepts that it hopes to bring to consumers before long. While Honda is largely known for its automotive wing, the brand has an extensive history [...]
- 15 Smart STEM Toys for the Techie Kid... — https://www.wired.com/2017/11/gift-guide-tech-toys-for-kids/?mbid=nl_120117_gadgetlab_list3_p2Gifts for your miniature scientists to take apart, put back together, and everything else. NO ONE WHO has ever watched a toddler methodically taking apart a Tupperware drawer can doubt that many children are natural-born (ha ha!) engineers. Your only job as a parent is to nurture their creativity … and, well, clean up the [...]
- Surprise! The Holiday Toys That Keep ... — Surprise! The Holiday Toys That Keep Givers in the Dark – WSJhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/surprise-the-holiday-toys-that-keep-givers-in-the-dark-1511611201Mystery, surprise and anticipation are the themes in some of the most sought-after toys, as companies take the YouTube unboxing phenomenon to new extremes. [...]